Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 11:04 PM

Default 6Max Anomaly or Common Place?

As I continue my venture into the zoo that is 25NL I couldn't help but get frustrated as hand after good hand didn't get to go past a measely sized flop. I was laggin it up hardcore with the same players over 4 tables pre and post flop, where the players remained for an hour. I even raised every CO, Button, and SB for 5 consecutive orbits and C-bet every time only to make it past the flop once. Despite this, each set, 2 pair or overpair still saw no callers past the flop. Players even commented on my obsession with bluffing. I know I've seen other posters (maybe soah or swolfe) comment on how players don't adjust when doing a similar experiment... but I think the conclusion was that they would adjust postflop by becoming married to hands (despite the fact that one of these experimenters played his best game postflop) but remain just as tight preflop.

Do players usually remain so rigid in their play? Or did variance just slap me in the face by not giving my opponents a single callable hand all night? I would expect players not to notice a passive player, for instance, in a full ring game. But in 6max when I'm consistently bowling over a table the entire night something seems off. In a current 6 max post users seem to agree to disregard Shania until 200NL, but even when your adjustments have been this exaggerated? It seemed like I had been playing soo fast since the table conditions warranted it that I had to bet every good hand as well, but people still folded of course. Should I give up the postflop advantage of a LAG and slow down with good hands? This seems terribly obvious but it looks as tho it doesn't matter.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:10 PM

Default Re: 6Max Anomaly or Common Place?

it was variance, just wait the donks will come raising, $25's are insane, for awhile I was earning 12bb/100 hands over 20k hands and I play weak-tight. for awhile I was constantly overbetting pots with good hands (I'm talking like moving all in on a $5 flop and they'd call my sets or overpairs with worse so much it was ridiculous I think that was just a night of variance giving me a hug tho)