Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 08:22 AM

Default Affiliates Frozen From Party

Just receieved a message from my Affiliate : Party has frozen ALL Affiliate accounts no matter who the affiliate is.

Anyone confirm this?
Old 10-15-2005, 09:03 AM

Default Re: Affiliates Frozen From Party

False, my affiliate account is active. I never offered rakeback.

Bye!
Old 10-15-2005, 09:04 AM

lie.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:30 AM

Your affiliate is SCAMMING YOU [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2005, 10:01 AM

I'm not signed up at Party with him .. through Eurobet at the moment .. but he's obviously checking out who wants to go to Party and preparing offers for them.

Like a lot of people, I just want to know wtf is going on. If Party is now freezing Rakeback Affiliates accounts then does this mean they are stamping out once and for all Rakeback at Party? If so, then why the hell are they allowing people to open secondary accounts so they can get Rakeback? It doesn't take a genius to work it out : 'jeez .. since we split with the Skins we're getting a whole lot of ex-customers suddenly opening new accounts .. " .. So why make it so easy for them to do it?

I don't know. It's all fubar to me. The Party Points for Cash thing Party are offering on one hand looks like a Party response to Rakeback but then without any word on whether its just this month or every month (unless I've missed something) it probably isn't. But then - other players are allegedly getting under-the-counter deals from Party themselves.

With the freezing of Affiliate accounts (of which he's now changed to a 'large amount of affiliate accounts' as opposed to 'ALL accounts') it seems that after a week some finality may be coming to it all and a lot of people may finally have an idea of what they are going to do.

At the end of the day - people don't want to a) get scammed or b) miss out on something that would be worth something to them.

At first, when Party made the split I was completely unphased by it (I'd only been on a Rakeback deal the last few months and it was never a real big part of my monthly money) but I just think Party have dropped a bollock with the way they've handled it this last week.

I figured - if more people or the affiliates confirmed or denied that accounts were getting frozen - it would bring some closure to the whole sorry affair and we can get back to skinning the fish ... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2005, 10:16 AM

You anger me troll.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:20 AM

if thats pointed towards me then I apologise for treading on your sacred ground with a relevant post. Unlike you, I don't feel like bumping up the number of posts I make with pointless remarks like yours ..
Old 10-15-2005, 10:40 AM

My affiliate account is wide open, but I've never even suggested that I would offer rakeback.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:46 AM

As I mentioned above .. He's now changed it to a 'large number' from 'ALL'. Seems like everyone who offered Rakeback has gone temporarily bye-bye overnight.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:48 AM

I posted on this the other day here
I think that when Party noticed that many of the rakeback affiliates were back with them bringing players, they might have come in here and other places on the net to check if the well known ones had ads or were discussing rakeback.

Even though many affiliates were warned not to post about it or have rakeback banners, many thought that it didn't apply to them, and continued to post.

There are many reasons why Party doesn't want the sleazy carnival atmosphere of rakeback out there, and when this became evident to them, it is quite possible they decided to just disable the logins for some rakeback dealers until they can sort it all out internally.

[ QUOTE ]
If so, then why the hell are they allowing people to open secondary accounts so they can get Rakeback?

[/ QUOTE ]
Party wants their players back. Many players are loyal to their affiliate and Party has no way of knowing if the returning player was made false promises or not, but they do want them back. I don't think Party is "allowing" players to make second accounts. I think that , if done properly without the appearance of fraud or anything, they get opened - especially if the old account has been somewhat inactive.
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> But then - other players are allegedly getting under-the-counter deals from Party themselves.
</pre><hr />
I wouldn't know if this is true, but I do not think it is in Partys best interest to make private deals with individual players. It would create dissention among players and not work to Partys advantage.

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> it seems that after a week some finality may be coming to it all and a lot of people may finally have an idea of what they are going to do.
</pre><hr />

It has been posted here numerous times that some think that what Party is trying to do is clean up online poker and try to get affiliates to work together and not against each other - to stop stealing each others players, make false promises, to get the players back, to offer inhouse incentives to reward players, and get back to business. Unfortunately there will always be some players or affiliates who feel they are above the rules and do things that bring attention to practices. Sometimes it is just better to deal with our players on a personal basis to make sure they are happy playing on Party, instead of making outragious claims, making it look like we get preferential treatment from Party, and many other things that create dissention, bad publicity, and take Partys attention away from where they want to be focused - which is trying to promote Party as the best, largest, most fun place to play poker. As always, they are testing promotions and ideas and will change and/or eliminate them as necessary, ie: BJ, side bets, etc. toward that end.

I think that if everyone just has some patience, it will all work out in the end.

The above is just my opinion and not to be construed as fact.

-AL