Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 09:20 PM

Default Chat Room for Zoo Posters.

jasonHoldEm has found what seems to be a good chat room system and he has set up a private room for us to meet up and chat, live.

Last year, Lori gave us a running commentary of the Final Table action, as relayed by Stars, and has volunteered to do it again this year if there is a similar opportunity.

jasonHoldEm, Lori and I will give out the room password to (almost!) everyone who asks for it by pm, (however, we reserve the right to exclude any poster at our discretion, for what we feel is the good of the majority). If you are given the password, (and the odds are that you will be), then please respect our wishes that only the three of us give out the password. (In this respect, would other posters not put pressure on anyone else to give out the password, please?)

The room is open now. Once you have tried it out, please let us know in this thread if you think it will do its intended job or not, as soon as possible.

As soon as you have the password you will have free 24/7 access, and no doubt some of us will enjoy meeting small groups of Zoo friends for general chat, as well as joining larger gatherings at special times, like the Final Table, or during KOTZ Tournaments.

Thank you, jason, for setting this up for us!
Old 07-08-2005, 09:46 PM

Default Re: Chat Room for Zoo Posters.

I like the layout, very clean. Although, there doesn't seem to be a pane that shows who is in the chat room, that would be helpful.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:49 PM

It looks good. I'm guessing this probably won't be blocked by most corporate firewalls, which is a plus.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pane that shows who is in the chat room, that would be helpful.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i didn't think of that until now...I looked at a bunch of different sites and most had either really small layouts or 47 annoying blinking ads (this room still has one, but it's out of the way at least).

Just so everyone knows I'm not affiliated with the site the chat room is hosted by, I just found the site and set up a room.

If this becomes popular maybe we can try to find something better after the WSOP.

J
Old 07-08-2005, 10:11 PM

Also, Mike, Lori, and I all have the password so to help spread out the load... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If the clock says 00-19 ask me
If the clock says 20-39 ask lori
If the clock says 40-59 ask mike

We'll get back to you ASAP although we do go offline occasionally so don't panic if we don't get back to you right away.

J
Old 07-08-2005, 10:19 PM

Thanks, jason. I'm offline for at least 8 hours from now, so if anyone wants to experiment with it tonight, please ask jason or Lori. (If you've pm-ed me and I haven't replied already, please ask jason or Lori, and send me another pm when you receive the password so I don't duplicate later. Thanks.)
Old 07-08-2005, 10:27 PM

Mike, if anyone hassles you in the chat room, just ban them from 2+2. That would be a very popular move and effective usage of moderation powers. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2005, 10:36 PM

Hey J, seems to me that if alot of people where in there that it would clog up and get really laggy.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
clog up and get really laggy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm also somewhat afraid that might happen, but according to the site's FAQ they have sufficient bandwidth so we'll see what happens when we unleash the zoo on them. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

I just sent out another batch of passwords to those who sent me a request...I'm also heading to bed now and will catch up in the morning.

J
Old 07-09-2005, 12:05 AM

Where is everybody? I thought this room would have been bumpin