Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Re: Collection Thread #2 for \"Granny Goes To Vegas!\"

hi everyone,

here is a brief recap of where we are at.

as of this morning, according to numbers i got from david and mike, we are about 50 contracts short ($40 contracts. $2k total)

i need to tell david (CEO) by wednesday morning whether to buy the ticket for me.

sooo, the decision will have to be made late tomorrow night. (fear not. if this does not fly, everyone would simply get their dough back immediately)

therefore, if you have been away for the weekend, please do the transfers today and tomorrow morning.

if, by any chance, there are any of you that were unable to get a true account open, i will take a transfer from you via stars or paradise. while we did not want to do this, unfortunately we are short so it may be needed for the last few shares.

therefore, if you were not able to do the transfer via true, you can send money for contracts ($40 multiples) to me via transfer to account GrannyMae at stars or paradise. if neither of these are good either (i know some investors that want in but play NO online poker), please PM me and we will try and find a third alternative.

if you go with a transfer via another route, just make the transfer and PM me here with a quick note on how much you sent, what your username is at those sites, and i will give this money directly to david with my share. i do NOT need your full name yet if you go this route. we have a very solid plan in place to formalize this with emails when the pool is closed.

if by tomorrow midnight(tuesday ET), we are still significantly short, we will cancel and refund, or perhaps come up with an alternative of me playing 2 smaller events instead. this would be up to the investors.

i wish the deadline was not tomorrow night, but david is doing a really great thing by putting up the $10k for us, but he is buying the tickets wednesday so we need an answer.

the support has been AMAZING, so i can't imagine that gettting another $2k in investments between now and midnight tomorrow will be too difficult.

fingers crossed!
Old 05-23-2005, 02:50 PM

I want a second share. Should I just repeat the process, in which case I will have 2 requests in, each for one $40 share?

yes please - but also add a line to tell them to note that this will make your total transfer up to $80, to try to avoid any confusion
Old 05-23-2005, 03:33 PM

oops.

Thought because my name wasnt on the list at the top of this post that i hadnt been included yet. I sent the email a couple days ago for one share and never got a confirmation and no money was taken out of my account (as of last night).

So i sent email requestion two shares. Guess i'll have three depending on true support. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tuco.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:38 PM

yes please - but also add a line to tell them to note that this will make your total transfer up to $80, to try to avoid any confusion

I've sent two emails (the last one 24 hours ago), trying to buy 2x$40, but only got one reply (after the first one). Perhaps they think I only want one share?

Adde
Old 05-23-2005, 03:39 PM

I sent a request for four additional shares (5 total). I'm gonna get 2% of granny's millions woo-hoo!

J
Old 05-23-2005, 03:39 PM

lol, Tuco! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

that's a good philosophy to hold to just at the moment in this, i suspect!

deja vu [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-23-2005, 03:57 PM

just grabbed my second share. C'mon Granny [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-23-2005, 04:15 PM

That is a distinct possibility, Adde. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I'm hesitant to advise you to send a third e-mail, yet, but if you do, please make it clear that you want $80 only in total to be transferred from your account, ( not $40; not $160 [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] ).

The trouble is we've all been spoiled by the expertise of Party's Support, so we expect similar everywhere.

All will be well.

All will be well.

All will be well.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I sent a request for four additional shares (5 total). I'm gonna get 2% of granny's millions woo-hoo!

J

[/ QUOTE ]

mah boi'

ty JHE!
Old 05-23-2005, 05:23 PM

Account opened. $$$ transferred. Email sent to Truepoker. I'm in for 2 shares of GM!!