Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 04-25-2005, 06:54 PM

Default Heavy action to my OESD

Just how much do you like your hand here?

On the up side: the Q means you aren't going to split the pot if a jack comes. On the down side: there is two to a flush showing, and those wild bettors ought to have SOMETHING (sets with redraws to boats maybe) that diminishes the odds for me a bit.

Absolute Poker, .50/$1, 8-handed:

Hero is button with [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T

Preflop: 4 limpers, Hero calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop (7SB): [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7

SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets, 1 fold, MP2 raises, CO reraises.

CO has been very agressive postflop, done a lot of raising on the flop, calling on the turn, and folding on the river. The other two villains seem sane.

So, 13 small bets in the pot, 3 to call. Raise, call, or fold?
Old 04-25-2005, 07:22 PM

Default Re: Heavy action to my OESD

fold. On the power of your straight alone you only have 8 outs, that's 5:1 against hitting the turn (2.5:1 to hit by the river) and 4:1 pot odds. Now consider that if a spade hits you're in trouble and someone may already have a J hi straight (in which case the 6's are worthless). There's no garautee that if you call it won't get capped by MP2 and have the turn jammed as well. You haven't put much money in yet, get out now.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:03 AM

I did, in fact, fold at the table. Turn was [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6, river [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4. The wiseguy in the cutoff was pumping it with something like [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 and didn't have to share it.

This gave me a pang of rationalization ("5:1 if everyone calls 3... maybe they don't have suited hands... they're so wild maybe I had implied odds...") and I'm glad for some reassurance that, yes, it was right to fold.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:23 AM

You don't just have an oesd, you also have an overcard (I don't think that spiking a T will help you). Getting better than 4-1 to call, with implied odds I think you can see this turn. You're very pesimistic to be assuming that the villains must have "sets with redraws to boats" and 4-flushes. The 2-flush on the board simply means that you need to adjust your pot odds, but your overcard makes up for it. I wouldn't cap it because I'd like to give anyone who wants to a chance to overcall. I'd guess the final pot could be anywhere between 10-16BB, depending on the action. Don't fold.