Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

View Poll Results: Do you like the color schemes for these chips?
Thumbs up! 75 93.75%
Thumbs down! 5 6.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2004, 04:02 PM

Default KK on Party small

In the $25 buy-in Party tables, I've been working on my short-handed game. This table has recently filled up to 6 players, but I decided to play one more circuit.

Sorry, I didn't get the hand record, so this is from memory. I started with about $35. Earlier in the same table I lost with KK vs AA, all in preflop. (That makes 7 of the last 14 KK's ran into AA.) This is not really relevent other than to my psychological makeup at the time.)

I pick up K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the big blind. Fold, then a $1 bet from a new player (UTG+1 -- $25 exactly). Fold, then a min raise from the button ($40). (He is fond of making min raises in position, I've noticed, but I haven't seen what he does it with, but clearly a wide variety of hands.) SB folds, I make it $9 and both call.

Flop is 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($27)

I bet $12, a little less than half-pot, UTG+1 raises all in (to $16), Button raises all-in. I am looking at another $20 to call.

OK. Stop reading and answer the poll.

-------------------------
<font color="white">
I reasoned that the UTG+1 couldn't have 9J, because he would have folded it preflop, since he couldn't be sure if there would be another raise behind him. Button couldn't have 9J because he would not have reraised this flop -- he would have smooth called in the hopes of keeping me along. I didn't think that either of them had AA, though I couldn't be sure that UTG+1 didn't, since lots of people on Party like to play AA this way (incorrectly, but there you have it).

I could believe a set from either of them. I actually was thinking that UTG+1 had one, but I figured that I would recoup from the button most of what I lost to him. And maybe neither one did. And maybe I would suck out.

Anyway, I used up almost all my time, and then called. KK held up against JJ (UTG+1) and QQ (button) and I pulled in a nice pot.
</font>