Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 12-20-2005, 12:39 PM

Default Bush\'s Support Jumps After a Long Decline

Where's grey when you need him? Honestly I think these polls don't mean all that much. From the bastions of conservative thought, an ABC-Washingtonpost Poll on the President's job performance and his Iraqi policy.

Bush's Support Jumps After a Long Decline

What I found the most interesting:

Sixty percent said they do not believe he has adequately explained why the United States is in Iraq, and almost the same percentage said the administration does not have a clear plan for success there. But even more Americans (74 percent) said the Democrats in Congress do not have a plan either.

Please post a link to the DNC Iraqi plan.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:53 PM

Default Re: Bush\'s Support Jumps After a Long Decline

Comedian Lewis Black's summary of the two parties seems apt: The Democratic Party is the party of no ideas; the Republican Party is the party of bad ideas. Congress works this way: a Republican gets up and says, "I have a really bad idea." Then a Democrat gets up and says, "And I can make it shittier."

FWIW, Howard Dean recently said, "We all agree that 2006 must be a transition year in Iraq. While we may have different ideas about tactics and timing, it’s clear we must change course. The vision of strategic redeployment set forward by Brian Katulis and former Reagan Defense Department official Lawrence Korb offers a likely roadmap to success that we can coalesce around."

Here is a link to the Katulis and Korb plan that Dean apparently favors:
http://www.newsday.com/news/opinion/ny-t...oints-headlines
Old 12-21-2005, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Please post a link to the DNC Iraqi plan.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are five days late. What happened?
Old 12-21-2005, 02:21 AM

The ABC News/Washington Post poll which puts Bush's approval at 47% is an outlier.

The RCP Poll Averrage has him at 44.8%. That's usually a good indication of where he really is.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sixty percent said they do not believe he has adequately explained why the United States is in Iraq, and almost the same percentage said the administration does not have a clear plan for success there. But even more Americans (74 percent) said the Democrats in Congress do not have a plan either.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is that the democrats have no need to have a plan. They are not in a position to even influence the course of events let alone to make any decisions.

The problem is, and has been, that the Iraq adventure was done without proper objectives and a proper plan. We are stuck in the middle of the hand not knowing where we came from and not knowing where we are going. A HBS study for how not to execute a project.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:03 AM

i'm against the war for the most part, but i think it's pretty irresponsible to say, "hey what you're doing sucks, you should elect me and i'll do better" and then say you don't "need" a plan.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:12 AM

I was out of town for awhile. Anyway Wesly Clark the point man for the DNC? Too funny.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was out of town for awhile. Anyway Wesly Clark the point man for the DNC? Too funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please. You have posted that "democrats" have no plan". That is false and untenable, and so now you are trying to retreat into saying the "DNC" has no plan. That's sad. When people out-of-power want to advance plans, they do so in op-eds and through think-tanks. See, for example, here and here. Why not just man up and admit that you are wrong?

I look forward to your ingnoring this post and these plans as you did my post two threads ago. And I look forward to your bi-monthly false "democrats have no plan" post in another two weeks or so.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please. You have posted that "democrats" have no plan". That is false and untenable, and so now you are trying to retreat into saying the "DNC" has no plan. That's sad. When people out-of-power want to advance plans, they do so in op-eds and through think-tanks. See, for example, here and here. Why not just man up and admit that you are wrong?

I look forward to your ingnoring this post and these plans as you did my post two threads ago. And I look forward to your bi-monthly false "democrats have no plan" post in another two weeks or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wesley Clark is not an elected Democratic official. If you have to stoop to quoting plans from private citizens who happen to be Democrats, you have just proved the point that no one of the few hundred elected federal office holders of the Democratic Party seems to have a plan.

The statement "Democrats do not have a plan" is more true than not. And they certainly do not have a plan that they agree to as a party.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:25 AM

adios, just change your wording to "has no viable plan that achieves our purposes in quashing terrorists/rogue nations and their supporters and places long term strategic considerations over short term myopic thinking" and you will handily rebut Elliot.