Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 03:50 PM

Default Re: 50/100 vs mahatma

But mahatma is known for bluffing in this situation, often all-in.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have only seen Mahatma play a few hundred hands, but he has pushed it all-in EVERY TIME that he got to the turn and there was more than $5K in the pot. Is this what happened? I would insta-call his push and expect to be ahead most of the time.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have only seen Mahatma play a few hundred hands, but he has pushed it all-in EVERY TIME that he got to the turn and there was more than $5K in the pot. Is this what happened? I would insta-call his push and expect to be ahead most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, you haven't seen very many hands i think is the problem here. particularly not deeper stacked hands.

as for "his push" he didn't make one in this hand up to now, as far as i can tell it's hero to act on the turn.

c
Old 12-05-2005, 05:32 PM

I think bet $2,300 and fold to a big reraise.

If you just bet the pot on the flop then you would not have as complicated a position.

Then again I play low limits full ring, so this advice may not be relevant to the current scenario.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:39 PM

durrrr,

almost all of the hands i've watched or read of mahatmas are from shorter handed play. in such play he can have almost any (and often does) two cards after his preflop reraise. does that change when he's playing closer to full, particularly against a raiser from utg? does that change against you in specific?

c
Old 12-05-2005, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This line would get you absolutely slaughtered in the big UB games in general, let alone OOP against Mahatma in a big pot that he reraised preflop.

[ QUOTE ]
If you just bet the pot on the flop then you would not have as complicated a position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Part of me agrees w/ this, but something tells me that durrrr doesn't necessarily hate the "complicated" spot in which he found himself on the turn in this hand . . . but I could be wrong . . .
Old 12-05-2005, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BB is fanta, and the flop bet has its reasons. As for history vs prah:

1) i've stacked him i believe twice in 25/50 when i flopped sets and played them slow (somewhat). Also he made a sick thin value bet vs me (1 card J hi flush vs my T hi flush) for a 20k pot ~10min before this (it was hu... fanta sat out for 2secs).

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $100 BB (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

SB ($9791)
BB ($14245)
Hero ($22666)
MP ($10050)
CO ($42615)
Button ($35180)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $350</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $1200</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $1100, Hero calls $850.

Flop: ($3650) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1600</font>, CO calls $1600, BB folds.

Turn: ($6850) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font> <font color="#CC3333">
Hero (19k he covr) ?</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey durrrr,

Do you think you're ahead on the turn here? Or, I suppose the more pertinent question is, Are you willing to go broke w/ your hand vs. Mahat here?

Because you know these things better than we can from the peanut gallery, and as you and anyone else who's ever played v. Mahatma knows, his range for calling behind on a flop such as this vs. an aggro player like yourself is [censored] huuuuuuuuuge.

That said, if my intuitions about the reasoning behind your flop bet are correct, then I kind of fancy check/call the turn, and then faux block-bet/value bet the river and call a raise . . .

-neon
Old 12-05-2005, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This line would get you absolutely slaughtered in the big UB games in general, let alone OOP against Mahatma in a big pot that he reraised preflop.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Part of me agrees w/ this, but something tells me that durrrr doesn't necessarily hate the "complicated" spot in which he found himself on the turn in this hand . . . but I could be wrong . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

How does Hero odd-sized flop bet change your analysis, if at all?
Old 12-05-2005, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hey durrrr,

Do you think you're ahead on the turn here? Or, I suppose the more pertinent question is, Are you willing to go broke w/ your hand vs. Mahat here?

Because you know these things better than we can from the peanut gallery, and as you and anyone else who's ever played v. Mahatma knows, his range for calling behind on a flop such as this vs. an aggro player like yourself is [censored] huuuuuuuuuge.

That said, if my intuitions about the reasoning behind your flop bet are correct, then I kind of fancy check/call the turn, and then faux block-bet/value bet the river and call a raise . . .

-neon

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that you and I are advocating different lines based on exactly the same reasoning about Mahatma's perspective on durrr's hand range. I now think that your line is more profitable, although higher variance.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How does Hero odd-sized flop bet change your analysis, if at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think it changes things for villain a lot more than it does for durrrr, because Mahatma is liable to be calling behind on the flop w/ just as huge a range when hero pots the flop as he is when durrrr makes the bet he did. What I think it did, or what I would imagine it's intent was, is to muddy Mahatma's sense for durrrr's hand range, and to plant the idea in villain's mind that hero is weak, and give him every opportunity to bluff at the pot on later streets.

And perhaps to set the stage for a suspiciously large value bet on the river? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

But, what do I know . . .