Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-03-2005, 01:37 AM

Default Re: AA In CO To Raise & Cold-Call

[ QUOTE ]
on this turn card i'm raising.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this was very stupid of me. I really don't remember this hand but found it while looking over my PT hands from last week.

Apparently not many people agree with me checking that flop though except you. I'm hoping someone can get me to see the way.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:40 AM

You didn't raise enough preflop to get out the qj, kj hands, which are the most likely to give you action when you check so they catch up.

If it was very obvious you were vs a big pair, you could check, since you could act like you are scared of the ace/invite him to steal the pot from you, and give him a chance to hit his 2 outer.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:42 AM

If you had QQ would you bet this flop? Probably.

You should make your standard continuation bet here as if you did not have three aces. People call with all kinds of garbage (especially on party poker).

Also, there are 2 cards to broadway, you cannot give free cards to beat you either.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Betting this flop inflates it for later streets. You should always want a bigger pot with sets/flushes/etc, so by the end, you will gain more value.

[/ QUOTE ]

This, I understand. Considering this is 100NL though and I'm occupying 3 of 4 possible Aces, I see a bet here causing nothing more than an easy fold for MP2.

Am I wrong in thinking this way?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you are dead wrong.

For god sakes put as much money in the pot here as soon as possible.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:05 AM

I can see checking the flop, since a good case-ace is the best hand to call. As played, you *must* reraise more on the turn, you have a great hand and I like making money on those. Additionally, another broadway fell; that's pretty scary and you can't afford to peel off another card for free.

However, I would say bet the flop, if only because making a big reraise like that and then checking behind with position makes all sort of warning bells go off in my head. AK/AQ would have bet here, KK/JJ would have bet out at least a weaker CB and unless you have been caught playing small PP very very very fast preflop, your check screams set. Barring broadway, I would be very nervous giving you any action if I were the villian.