Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 07:39 PM

Default Treeofwisdom Action

[ QUOTE ]
Also, in case you want some more side action: if TOW takes you up on the bet and I win, the odds against him paying you are 10-1... and I know 3 people that will book that for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will take $300 action with TOW. The above gives me a little concern so if we pick a neutral party we can each deposit $300 at the outset of the bet. I have a few 2ers that I would be comfortable with holding the $600 for the duration of the bet- lemme know TOW.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Ever heard of this? (action-oriented post)

[ QUOTE ]

to be honest, even if i never met irieguy i would still probably make this bet. i will also ask to see random hand histories for my entertainment. in any case, i would trust irie with probably more than 10x the suggested bet. even if i wasnt there watching him play. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps he has cultivated his persona in preparation for a big score. And this is it.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How about you post the tables you play on so we can spectate. They are probably worth watching for comedy value alone, but it would be interesting trying to figure out your approach.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, fwiw, i konw the strategy he is using, and it is quite a bit different than most of you would imagine. i really think he will fail in his endeavors, but i wish him the best. will certainly be a fun bet if nothing else. holla
Old 06-22-2005, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't want 35 PMs from all the jokers that said they have a 30% ROI, but only have enough money to book $25 of action.

Irieguy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps they're only taking the $25 bet because, you know, you're just some dude on the internet who claims to have a good ROI.

[/ QUOTE ]

to be honest, even if i never met irieguy i would still probably make this bet. i will also ask to see random hand histories for my entertainment. in any case, i would trust irie with probably more than 10x the suggested bet. even if i wasnt there watching him play. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not surprised YOU would, Mr. Action. Mr. 12 Tabler. Mr. Pai-Gow/Blackjack Master. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2005, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps he has cultivated his persona in preparation for a big score. And this is it.

[/ QUOTE ]

So mom and pops moved into the neighborhood. Established trust. For 48 years. All so they could steal Jerry's sneakers?

Apparently so.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:46 PM

I'd be willing to bet up to $300 that I can beat Irie's ROI. No offense to Irie - this is just for fun - and no offense to people in the $6s - I'm not betting to have a positive ROI.

I reserve the right to not wager with someone I don't really know, at least not without some kind of escrow.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:46 PM

A few months ago I tried it myself in a 20+2 and a 30+3. It was fun, especially when one of my pushes got called and I accidentally held KK.
However, I don't think it is possible to pull a positive ROI, especially in the 5s with the higher rake. You will be called no matter what and you can almost never call when somebody else pushes.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:50 PM

Default Re: ANYBODY REMEMBER SKIPPERF\'BOB

I spent $200 LARGE on your education & this is the result [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
THIS MAKES BABY JESUS CRY
[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2005, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

I don't want 35 PMs from all the jokers that said they have a 30% ROI, but only have enough money to book $25 of action.

Irieguy

Perhaps they're only taking the $25 bet because, you know, you're just some dude on the internet who claims to have a good ROI.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not surprised YOU would, Mr. Action. Mr. 12 Tabler. Mr. Pai-Gow/Blackjack Master. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i AM the master. thankyou for pointing it out though. i need that reassurance sometimes. holla
Old 06-22-2005, 08:05 PM

Are you going to post your HH's? Please do.