Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 05:37 AM

Default Re: Very taboo. What do I do?

*** You are ignoring this user ***
Old 11-16-2005, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here is a radical idea, don't be a tool. Show the hand or muck the hand. Only an ass shows one card.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are so wrong here it's not even funny. This is done all the time at mid and high limits B&M and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

GoT
Old 11-16-2005, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is done all the time at mid and high limits B&M

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of clowns play mid and high limit B&M.
[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2005, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here is a radical idea, don't be a tool. Show the hand or muck the hand. Only an ass shows one card.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are so wrong here it's not even funny. This is done all the time at mid and high limits B&M and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks GoT. I was beginning to wonder if I had slipped into a parallel universe.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:56 AM

"You are so wrong here it's not even funny. This is done all the time at mid and high limits B&M and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it."

Thank you GOT & Take Me to the River!

I thought I had stepped into a Rod Serling rerun until I read your posts.

FWIW, I played 3 sessions at the Mirage and 2 sessions at the Aladdin (including some Fun H.O.R.S.E.) in the past 24 hours and This (show one card) was done by players in all of those sessions.

Come to think of it, I think I see it every night in my local B&M's.
NO one seems to mind as far as I can tell.

And to the OP.........

I had the same thing happen to me (as in your OP) once at Binion's. A lady not involved in the hand, reached over and turned the other card up as well. I too thought, "WTF?".

She left busted about an hour later. So it did have a happy ending. YMMV.

Best of Luck

Howard
Old 11-17-2005, 07:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Only an ass shows one card.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:58 AM

When I was playing at the Wynn, somebody attempted to only show one card, and the dealer explained that the camera has to see both. This wasn't enforced consistantly, and this was on a showndown hand, so it may be totally different.

That said- it seems like the less dickish move is to ask and let the dealer turn it up, and the even less dickish move is to not ask.

The best move on your part is to just not get worked up by assholes, as it's an unavoidable part of dealer with a random group of people engaged in a comptetative activity.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:10 PM

I've seen this at the Bellagio too. The dealer said that to win the pot in a showdown, you have to show both cards. However, this situation was not at a showdown. The offending player pulled cards out of the muck.

I agree, bad form to touch the muck and a poor dealer to allow it to happen without mention. Not enough of a violation to get in the dealers face though, unless it happened again.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I was playing at the Wynn, somebody attempted to only show one card, and the dealer explained that the camera has to see both. This wasn't enforced consistantly, and this was on a showndown hand, so it may be totally different.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is totally different. In most cardrooms, hand winning at showdown has to be revealed. If the hand is won without showdown you can show whatever you want and noone has the right to ask to see another card.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:58 PM

In a showdown, both cards must be shown faceup on the table to have ANY claim to the pot. This is so someone can't conceal that they have a fouled hand (like A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]). This has nothing to do with the OP however...in the event of an uncalled bet, the winner can choose to not show, show both or show one if he'd like. If house rules specify that someone who was uncalled on the river must show both cards if they show one then, IMHO, those house rules blow.

Jeff