Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2005, 02:51 AM

Default How to Get Rid of Jealousy?

I used to be very jealous if I had a gf hanging out with other guys alone. I've pretty much gotten over that. I have major major issues if my gf has done stuff with another guy previous to me. It's not so much jealousy I'd say. I just don't like it. I don't know how to describe it. It hurts. I think about the other guy [censored] her and it bothers me, a lot. I don't know why it should matter because she's with me now and she cares about me the most, but still... it bothers me.

Edit: It's not insecurity. Seriously, it's not.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:05 AM

Default Re: How to Get Rid of Jealousy?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
this post is hard to reply to without sounding like a jerk. so i am really wondering how these thoughts that creep in your head aren't insecurity? i am not saying you have anything to be insecure about because jealousy a lot of times is for reason's unexplained.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:02 AM

of course its normal to be somewhat jealous of her previous relationships but its IN THE PAST. if you love her then just be happy that you are with her.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:58 AM

I used to get that way too, bro. Then I grew up.

There's nothing abnormal about the way you feeling. Somehow you just need to get over it mentally. I can't tell you how and maybe there is no method. It could just be something you'll get over naturally. Whatever you do, try to get rid of that crap before it becomes a problem in your current relationship.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:42 AM

I think all guys have had this problem at one point or another. I finally got over it when I drilled into my head the fact: "Well hey, they must not have been getting the job done because she's with me now."

Don't worry about it too much, you're going to miss alot of good times if you let it eat you up.

LDT
Old 08-06-2005, 12:47 PM

Just watch your gf screw some other dudes while she tells you how much better they are than you. Like purging it with fire.
Old 08-06-2005, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to be very jealous if I had a gf hanging out with other guys alone. I've pretty much gotten over that. I have major major issues if my gf has done stuff with another guy previous to me. It's not so much jealousy I'd say. I just don't like it. I don't know how to describe it. It hurts. I think about the other guy [censored] her and it bothers me, a lot. I don't know why it should matter because she's with me now and she cares about me the most, but still... it bothers me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very normal, you're 19, right? I think I recall you saying that. I'm 19, too, I have those feelings sometimes. I never entirely get over it, because we all want every girl in the world to ourselves; it's not going to happen. Do you feel like you just hate the concept of others guys sleeping with her, or are you somehow a little angry at her for sleeping with guys before you? Those could be very different things.

All in all, I've had these feelings with every girl I've been with for just a short while. When things get more serious they tend to fade.
Old 08-06-2005, 02:55 PM

I used to be that way too bro, then I figured out she was cheating on me so I broke up with her slut ass.
Old 08-06-2005, 02:58 PM

Get rid of her..... if it bothers you now it'll bother you for a long time, that will always be in the back of your mind...

Dump the slut.
Old 08-06-2005, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to be that way too bro, then I figured out she was cheating on me so I broke up with her slut ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. HAHAHAHHA potd.