Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2005, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Cream Continues to Rise to the Top (WSOP Results)

[ QUOTE ]
I seem to remember him playing 54 off, hitting bottom pair and continuing to just call with the hand until he caught either two pair or trips

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, only fish play 54o. Only fish hit bottom pair and continue just calling (when they might have best hand and don't want to raise for different reasons), and only fish catch either two pair or trips. Come on. Even if this hand did happen, it says nothing about Moneymaker the way you describe it. This is ridiculous.

BTW, there was a thread here a few months ago about Gavin Griffin calling a raise PF with 22, and then calling all the way down (calling all-in on the turn I think) with no improvement. Well? Maybe you want to analyse this hand for us, with this information?
Old 06-06-2005, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I seem to remember him playing 54 off, hitting bottom pair and continuing to just call with the hand until he caught either two pair or trips

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, only fish play 54o. Only fish hit bottom pair and continue just calling (when they might have best hand and don't want to raise for different reasons), and only fish catch either two pair or trips. Come on. Even if this hand did happen, it says nothing about Moneymaker the way you describe it. This is ridiculous.

BTW, there was a thread here a few months ago about Gavin Griffin calling a raise PF with 22, and then calling all the way down (calling all-in on the turn I think) with no improvement. Well? Maybe you want to analyse this hand for us, with this information?

[/ QUOTE ]

where do I sign up for my crucifix?
Old 06-06-2005, 05:37 PM

I thought I could learn a few things about poker here, maybe sharpen up my game and maybe not get crucified for my opinions, however ill-formed others may find them.

Apparently, I was dead wrong.

Can a mod please delete my account now? Thanks. I won't bug you guys further.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and maybe not get crucified for my opinions

[/ QUOTE ]

We have on this forum very passionate discussions about MTT poker, where people have very different opinions. Opinions are great. Your "opinion" was that Moneymaker is a fish, or something similar, and as an "evidence" you said something about a 54o hand. This is not an opinion, this is basically trolling.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:16 PM

People can post whatever they like. I just thought I had missed some huge fiery debate thread somewhere...
Old 06-06-2005, 09:59 PM

This idea is about to take a hit in Event 4. Peter Costa and Van Ness (1 Bracelet in '95 - nothing since) are the only ones with any kind of previous success at all (though Steinhorn had a nice cash in Event 2).

Thoughts on whether its the nature of limit poker that led to this rather anonymous final table or something else?
Old 06-06-2005, 10:02 PM

Peter "The Silver Fox" Costa?

That guy is ALWAYS on the euro show late night poker that used to be on Fox a lot.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:10 PM

The Hendon Mob has him listed as "The Poet" (and he doesn't even know it...). Cheeeeze.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:29 PM

Wing Wong does have 6 WSOP cashes, with 5 final tables, so he's not that unknown to the hardcore community.

Kevin...
Old 06-06-2005, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought I could learn a few things about poker here, maybe sharpen up my game and maybe not get crucified for my opinions, however ill-formed others may find them.

Apparently, I was dead wrong.

Can a mod please delete my account now? Thanks. I won't bug you guys further.

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing the victim? Don't.

I don't think the problem is that you are expressing opinions. It's that you come across pretty bad shooting down the accomplishments of players like Moneymaker and calling them mediocre and supporting your put-down of the guy with some hazy memory of some play that may or may not have been less than optimal and that may or may not have happened...

And if you think "unskilled" "mediocre" players make the final tables of these megatournaments --well try it yourself sometime.