Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2004, 05:58 PM

Default How do you analyze your play on Poker Tracker

Hi.

I've been playing online for about 6 months now, and have had PokerTracker for about half that time, racking up about 20,000 hands played.

I hear a lot of people say how they spend hours analyzing their play, but what do you look for???

The main fault I can see is that I lose money with pairs.

What faults have you fixed with the help of this software???

Thanks guys.

Great board as always.
Old 09-09-2004, 06:09 PM

Default Re: How do you analyze your play on Poker Tracker

Yeah, I guess it helps to know what to look for! I look at the following:

VP$IP this is what you put in the pot other than your blinds. From viewing my own, and other winning players I have over 100 hands of, this number is usually between 15 and 19%. I'm shooting for 17%.

Pre-flop raise percent is very important. Again, from what others on these pages have said, and what I view from the winners I have tracked, this number is usually between 6 and 9%. There are higher winners, and lower, but this is the majority. I am shooting for 8% (I was shooting for 7% when I was at 5.5%).

Look at individual hands and see what is winning. I'm sure with 20K hands, you see a nice 2+BB per hand with AA. But what about 76S? Is it worth playing? Yes, it is. Are you winning with it? Yes, then maybe you are alright on that one. No, then maybe you are playing it in the wrong spots. Time to figure out each hand - put in the time and you will improve your play. Not sure? Use the replay button to look at some hands. You can go to 76S and scroll down every hand you played. Replay and learn where it worked, where it didn't, and apply what you have learned to your game.

Good Luck

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2004, 06:34 PM

Default Re: How do you analyze your play on Poker Tracker

I jot down the number of any hand I felt I misplayed while I play, then go over them during breakfast the next day. Replaying, thinking, etc.

I also periodically go over my winnings for starting hands and look for strange results. I've been working hard on my TT play lately, I make significantly less with it than with either 99 or JJ, and I think it's due to overplaying.

Other than that keep track of vp$ip, pfr, aggression factor etc. But those are quick to check. The analysis that takes alot of time is going over hands.

I managed to misplay a royal. I'm kinda proud of that. (Ok, the misplay part was not raising KQs out of the BB preflop.)