Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Not slow playing... but playing slowly

nh up to the river. Check behind there.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:57 AM

Are you serious? You would limp and fold to a minraise?
Old 12-07-2005, 10:59 AM

Default results

On the turn it is heads up between me and the preflop min raiser, which is why I wasn't too concerned about charging draws. If he had bet big on the river I would fold.

He folded to my river bet, so perhaps the poster who said he would lay down a pair of 9's or 10's to my river bet is right. In that case I should start bluffing the river with 1/4 pot bets more often. Note, my default play is to raise the flop, but the pot was already kinda big and I didn't want to bloat it.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:02 AM

Yeah, I think a pfr here is standard, but assumnig you dont I change one thing-

I think you should raise the turn. The flop call is OK becuase SB's hand range is huge, plaus there are lots of scray turn cards. But once the turn falls relatively blank (compeltes a very obscure straight draw) it's time to raise. This way, if he picked up a draw you charge for him, most of the time we are ahead and are getting value when he calls, or he 3bets us and we can fold.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:24 AM

Default Re: results

I think calling down to the river with TPTK only to fold to a big bet is bad news [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2005, 11:55 AM

Yeah but there's a one card straight on the board.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:03 PM

This feels really really really weak to me. Don't limp w/ATo; if you have to play it, come in raising to get position on the two limpers.

If you get reraised from the SB, then you can probably call if it's not too much, but only if you have a good read/stats on the player.

Raise the flop to get the button out and have position for the rest of the hand.

If he still bets into you on the turn (or gives you a check raise) you're probably beat and you can safely fold.

As far as the four card straight, the only hand I see SB having here is 88, but I think that's just thinking scared.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you serious? You would limp and fold to a minraise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at it this way. You only have to put in .50 more, but ended up putting in $8.50 postflop with a very marginal hand and didn't know where you were the whole way.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:45 PM

Isura: do you fold, raise or limp UTG+2 after two limpers here? I favor mucking or raising to get position and then folding to a RR PF. On the flop I'll raise if the SB leads into me, but if he reraises or leads again on the turn, I'll probalby let it go.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isura: do you fold, raise or limp UTG+2 after two limpers here? I favor mucking or raising to get position and then folding to a RR PF. On the flop I'll raise if the SB leads into me, but if he reraises or leads again on the turn, I'll probalby let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

With 2 limpers, I might limp in the CO and try to keep the pot small. I still like to raise and try to buy the button though. I usually limp on the button with 2+ limpers. But with 1 limper, I usually raise to try buy the button and get it heads up.

The rest of your plan for preflop and flop sounds good.