Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2005, 08:57 PM

Default Known Paradise bugs

1. Auto raise caller. I limp preflop, typically with Axs. It comes back raised. Paradise software sometimes automatically calls the raise. The cursor is parked in a safe area nowhere near the buttons. My hand is nowhere near the mouse. It just calls it anyway. Not a big problem since I always call one back anyway, but I would prefer to handle my own betting.

2. Auto folder. Variation on #1. Today I have Axs and limp preflop. It comes back raised, and Paradise auto folds me. Again, no possible way I did it myself, it was Pradise. And did I mention that three of my suit came on the flop? They actually refunded my one SB for this one. No mention of the pot I lost when I would have flopped the nut flush and the guy on my left bet out with his pair of kings.

3. Auto river checker. Heads up on the river. I'm definitely planning to bet or raise, just waiting to see what my opponent does. Cursor parked safely, hand nowhere near the mouse. The "show cards" button appears. The first few times it happened I assumed my opponent was all-in, but the last few I'm absolutely certain he had money on the table, and I was never given an opportunity to bet, or even check for that matter. This one definitely costs me money.

4. Invisible cards. When first starting up, cards appear as small, translucent boxes. Makes it kind of hard to read your hole cards, or the board. Shutting down and restarting generally fixes it, but you lose your blind, unless of course you want to call it down in the dark and see if you get paid.

5. Invisible buttons. Buttons filled with multi-colored snow. Guess which one is which.

6. Invisible tables. There are 10 1/2 tables, and 15 .25/.50 tables, but only 3 .50/1. Then there are 10. Then there are 5. Then there are 15.

7. No table names. Instead the table header showing the name of the table, it just says "waiting for data" or some such. Makes it hard to add tables when you don't even know which table you're already on. I don't use PV, but apparently it plays hell with that too.

8. No-waiting list. The waiting list box always appears subdued. No possible way to get on the waiting list for a table or for all tables. Nothing to check, nothing to do except hit the X.

9. Don't get me started on hand histories.

What does Paradise customer non-support say about this? It can't be their software, must be the player.

Has anyone else experienced any of these, or want to add to the list?

I'm done with Paradise. I cashed out today. I wanted to play in the Katrina tourney, but I'm not putting up with the insults from "customer support" any longer.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:40 PM

Default Re: Known Paradise bugs

I've never seen 1-5. I think you should try reinstalling the software to be safe.

6-7 I've seen a lot recently. This bugs and scares me at the same time. Where are these tables disappearing to?

I think #8 happens if there is an empty seat at the table, even if you can't sit there because it's reserved for someone else already in the waiting list. I think it's stupid, but I've also seen it implemented the same way at Party. The only way to get on the list is to pull up the table and click on the 'Join Wait List' button there.

I don't want to get started on #9 either.

What bugs me that is not on your list is random lagginess on the site, for no apparent reason.

I fully agree that they should be addressing these issues.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:07 PM

I can add:

1) if you change your monitor resolution when the software is open, it gets all screwed up and you have to log in again.

2) once I clicked raise (but not raise any), and I was surprised to see that I reraised.

3) sometimes I click the check & fold button, but even after I check, I have to tell it to fold again sometimes.

4) once i clicked call XX amount then right before I hit it, the person in front of me raised, then the button changed to call 2XX amount, and I called instead of folded.

5) why does it always ask me if I want to show my hand, when it is the winning hand - that makes no sense.

The software is pretty slow, but the players suck so it is worth the money.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never seen 1-5. I think you should try reinstalling the software to be safe.

[/ QUOTE ]
Same problem on two different computers, one Win98 the other XP Pro, software recently reinstalled on both.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:02 PM

tables have been disappearing for atleast 6 months. ive been sitting at a table wanting to check the lobby stats, and poof, my table is not listed in the lobby.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:56 AM

I have never seen 1-5, but 6-9 is a given. Very frustrating. I plan to leave the site as soon as I clear my bonus.

Do you play limit? I play NL.