Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 02:55 PM

Default Re: Iraq War (a few facts)

[ QUOTE ]
There is no way to get totally unbiased news. The ratings would suck, and eveyone has an opinion. I think biased news helps if you listen to both sides that way you can use informaiton to think for yourself. Also when i say Fox News slants left, I dont mean its some GOP talking machine like some liberals like to beleive, however it's clear the anchors on that show are smarter and therefor tend to be more conservative. At least Fox News has debates between people from different political parties, rather than one guy tell the news the entire hour from his point of view.

[/ QUOTE ]

All the tv news networks have guests on their shows debating each other from different points of view. Fox hasn't cornered the market on that one. Name one show where "one guy tell[s] the news the entire hour from his point of view."

And your comment that Fox anchors are clearly smarter and therefore more conservative is as slanted as anything I've ever heard. Your right, Fox isn't the "GOP talking machine"... YOU are!

-ptmusic
Old 08-25-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is no way to get totally unbiased news. The ratings would suck, and eveyone has an opinion. I think biased news helps if you listen to both sides that way you can use informaiton to think for yourself. Also when i say Fox News slants left, I dont mean its some GOP talking machine like some liberals like to beleive, however it's clear the anchors on that show are smarter and therefor tend to be more conservative. At least Fox News has debates between people from different political parties, rather than one guy tell the news the entire hour from his point of view.

[/ QUOTE ]

Un-freaking-believable. First of all, you said Fox slants left, when of course you meant right, but such highly intelligent people such as you can easily get basic directions confused, so I understand. The anchors at Fox probably do it all the time. I must say, to think that some of the Fox anchors are more intelligent than any counterpart at CNN or MSNBC is a little ignorant. Extremely ignorant, really. I don't even want to go in depth on the topic, because proving who is smarter is clearly a futile discussion. I'll say that you're being irrational, and picking separate fights without responding to the fact that the initial poster, whom you agree with, has gotten his intellectual ass handed to him on a platter.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont mean its some GOP talking machine like some liberals like to beleive, however it's clear the anchors on that show are smarter and therefor tend to be more conservative.

[/ QUOTE ]

On a somewhat related note, if anyone has ever been home in the afternoon to watch DaySide with Linda Vester on Fox News (what could be the absolute worst, most dumb-downed, awful presentation of the 'news' in television history) - then it should become obvious that Fox (at the very least) can't have the smartest programming, as Dayside is far and away the worst 'news' program on TV (with Lou Dobbs nightly populist rants on CNN a distant second). I hesitate to even call DaySide news; it's just Fox's attempt to scare the crap out of suburban housewives for an hour. Vester clearly appears to have no functional knowledge of politics or the world, but that might be the appeal of the show - so I won't hold it against her, as her stupidity may be somewhat feigned.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont mean its some GOP talking machine like some liberals like to beleive,

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe liberals get this belief from the fact that the founder and President of the channel is Roger Ailes, and that Fox's Managing Editor/Lead Anchor (Brit Hume) writes for the Weekly Standard and the American Spectator.

Crazy, Jump-To-Conclusions Liberals!
Old 08-25-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is no way to get totally unbiased news.

[/ QUOTE ]

News Hour on PBS.

I am a graduate research assistant for Dr. Robert Lichter, who you might recognize as a regular on Fox News and the first academic to author a study showing bias in the media. His argument though is that the mainstream media is not really slanted left or right, but rather is biased to be oppositional to whoever is in charge. Also it is becoming more and more tabloid-ish in nature. 30 years ago the Monica lewinsky scandal would not have been reported by respectable news organizations, for example.

BTW, Karl Rove came out and agreed with this, saying the mainstream media is not liberally biased.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:18 PM

I threw that part into my post to get responces like that one, worked didn't it?
Old 08-25-2005, 05:21 PM

Never seen it...but if its that bad then thats the reason is on during the day. What time is it on?
Old 08-25-2005, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Never seen it...but if its that bad then thats the reason is on during the day. What time is it on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometime between 12-2.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I threw that part into my post to get responces like that one, worked didn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

What part? The part about conservatives being smarter? That was what your whole post was about, sir.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you clever devil you