Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2005, 06:06 AM

Default Re: The piece of sh*t didn\'t get enough of a beating if you ask me...

If the cops beat up that guy just because he shot their mate they weren't doing their job as they are supposed to do it.

I can feel sympathy for them and why they did it. I feel no sympathy for the felon.

Nevertheless, they went out of bounds and have to be held accountable.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:45 AM

"then a young girl dying of cancer isnt any sadder to me than a 50 year old junkie dying. And honestly neither one brings much response for me."

This makes absolutely no sense to me. I feel a HELL of a lot worse for the 9 year old girl then the 50 year old junkie.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:05 AM

I teach my son to always do what is right. I teach him that if you always focus on doing what is right everything will turn out right and if it doesn't, at least you can look yourself in the mirror and know that you did the right thing.

This started with me saying I would be a horrible juror because I would never convict any of these cops of anything. This was based purely on the facts that were presented to me.

Kid kills a cop in a police station. Cops find the kid a while later a mile or two away and lay a beating on him.

Cops are on trial for assault / whatever else. If there are no other critical facts to this story (which in real life there are but we are just talking hypotheticals) then I would not convict the police officer.

Your discussion of my oath as an attorney, my honor or whatever is all bullshit to me.

What is the right thing to do here?

The right thing to do is to send the officers home to their families.

If they want to have some sort of "internal reprimand" as someone else mentioned then that's fine with me.

I would just never convict them of anything in a court of law.

And I am not asking for the police to have free reign to do whatever they want. I am just saying that as these facts appear to be, I would not convict.

Doing the right thing is honorable to me. Not following an oath.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well hopefully those who beat him will be put into jail as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the guy killed a cop, and the cop's still-living buddies beat the [censored] out of him, I think they should give them a [censored] medal.

We're being too much of a pansy nation, we can't even punish those that kill people with a non-fatal beating. The fucker's lucky he's even alive - if I was a cop I'd have blown his [censored] brains out if I was sure he killed my buddy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rule of Law, my friends.

I wouldn't want to let cops decide who lives and dies. That's for the courts to decide. If he's killed / beaten during the course of his arrest (after shooting the cop), that's totally fine, but if they didn't do the arrest properly the cops should be punished.

As a young guy (23ish) that walks around quite a bit, I get pulled over by cops quite a bit, and probably 25-35% of them are very ego-driven. "Men of the chest", if you will.

That kind of personality helps a person become a cop and perform well, but it's not the personality type that I would want to have deciding the fate of men's lives.

Edit: Especially in the heat of the moment.

--Dave.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:10 AM

It took a while for this point to come up.

Law enforcement officers have alot of power. They carry loaded weapons. They are trained to shoot only to kill. There are very specific guidlines about when to use force and what kind to use.

When you take the badge you agree to never under any circumstances to use inappropriate force. I don't want there to be a single exception. I don't want a cop to ever be able to use force because he is angry, I don't care what the provocation is.

Police are most definatly held to a higher standard and its a dam good thing. You want to be a cop? Then you agree that you don't get to hurt people because it makes you feel better. Never. It's very simple and it doesnt matter if your buddy just got clipped or your having a bad day. You don't get to hurt people because it makes you feel better. If there is any scenario where you couldnt control yourself then guess what, your not qualified to be a police officer.

These guys knew it when they took the job. They agreed that they would never under any circumstances beat the hell out of someone and that if they did they should be punished.

It's human nature to want to hurt someone who hurts you or someone you care about. It's also sadism, deriving pleasure from other's pain. Animals don't do it, people it seems brag about it.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:17 PM

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/LAW/04/1...ive.killed.ap/

PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island (AP) -- A man charged with killing a detective with the officer's own gun during questioning at police headquarters was ordered held without bail Monday.

Esteban Carpio, 26, did not enter a plea in Providence District Court to a murder charge in the death of Detective James Allen.

His face appeared bruised and bloody, and was obscured by a white mask that covered the area from his chin to his eyes. Police have said he injured his leg, arm and head when he jumped from a third-floor window at the police building.

Carpio nodded his head in response to questions during his arraignment but did not speak, except to say, "I love you, Mom," as he was led out of the courtroom.

The murder charge carries a potential maximum sentence of life in prison without parole because it involves the killing of an on-duty police officer.

Authorities said Allen, 50, was shot Sunday in a conference room while he questioned Carpio about his possible involvement in the stabbing of an 84-year-old woman, who is expected to recover. Carpio was not under arrest at the time and had been taken out of handcuffs.

After the shooting, Carpio broke a window in an adjacent office and jumped out. He was captured a few blocks away, authorities said.

Carpio's mother and another woman wailed when he was brought into the courtroom Monday, hands and legs shackled and held by several officers. One yelled "Oh my God, look what they did to him." Officers wrestled both women out of the courtroom as they screamed about a coverup and police brutality.

Police Chief Dean Esserman would not say how Carpio managed to get Allen's weapon or discuss other details leading up to the shooting. He also would not discuss the protocols for carrying weapons inside police headquarters or for interviewing potential suspects, and would not say if there were witnesses.

Allen, a 27-year veteran of the force, was an experienced investigator and one of the department's longest-serving detectives.

"Jimmy Allen passed in the noblest way possible. He gave his life trying to make our lives safer," Mayor David Cicilline said. "He died a hero."

Michael Brady, an expert in police procedures who teaches at Salve Regina University in Newport, said every police station has so called "weapons secure" areas, where guns are banned. These generally include cell blocks and interrogation rooms, he said, but not areas such as detective conference rooms.

If Allen wanted to question Carpio, Brady said, it would not have been unusual for him to do so in a nonsecure area with his gun in his holster.

"This officer was not doing something very different than what police officers throughout the nation do every single day," he said.

Carpio had been trying to seek help for mental health problems, his family said. His grandmother, Jean Gonsalves, said he was "pacing, talking, seeing things."

Earlier this month, Carpio's mother, Yvonne Carpio, called police and had her son taken by ambulance to a hospital, Gonsalves told The Boston Globe. He was released that night, she said.

"We were trying to get him help, and it didn't seem to be there," said his brother, David Carpio.

The suspect alternately lived with his mother in the Boston area or with a girlfriend in Providence, according to published reports. The sister of Carpio's girlfriend said he has a 3-year-old child with his girlfriend and had a job, though she did not know where.

Security in government buildings has been a greater concern since March, when a man being tried for rape in Atlanta allegedly overpowered a guard and took her gun, then killed the judge presiding over his case, a court reporter, a deputy outside the courthouse and a federal customs agent.

Weeks earlier, the husband and mother of a federal judge were slain in the judge's home in Chicago.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:18 PM

That guy should be shot for looking so ugly at his hearing [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2005, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That guy should be shot for looking so ugly at his hearing [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

...perhaps that's the only thing that didn't happen during his arrest?
Old 04-20-2005, 09:14 PM

This P.O.S.'s family saying he was the victim in all this.... DISGUSTING! It is big news up in Mass. Jumping out a window will do more harm than anything.