Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 11:32 PM

Default Re: New ABC News Poll

Barack Obama has been working with Republican Senators who are big into foreign policy - they were in the UK recently and looking at the situation with WMD's being available to rogue Russian states -

usually, when they focus on foreign policy, they're considering a presidental run - I'd love to see him in 2012 -

RB
Old 11-04-2005, 12:39 AM

Obama working with Repubs? Jeeze, this is either extremely good news, extremely bad news or pigs are about to start leavin' tha' runways! (if it's tha' pig thing, I'm stayin' inside)

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2005, 10:59 AM

The lesson here for voters should be competence. Instead of focusing so much on ideology, we should be electing competent people. That should be the lesson for both partys, run competent people.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:32 AM

Default 97% accurate!

<font color="green">This ABC News/Washington Post poll was conducted by telephone Oct. 30-Nov. 2, 2005, among a random national sample of 1,202 adults. The results have a three-point error margin. Fieldwork by TNS of Horsham, PA.</font>

I don't know much about the "science" of polling, but 3% error for 1/100,000 of the adult population?
Old 11-04-2005, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The lesson here for voters should be competence. Instead of focusing so much on ideology, we should be electing competent people. That should be the lesson for both partys, run competent people.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the competence idea. I think the fact that we usually elect governors is a reflection that Americans also want someone with executive experience.

The problem is that none of these: Kerry, Gore, Dole, Clinton, or Perot strike me as competent. We haven't had much choice if you are looking for competence.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:05 PM

Default Re: 97% accurate!

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="green">This ABC News/Washington Post poll was conducted by telephone Oct. 30-Nov. 2, 2005, among a random national sample of 1,202 adults. The results have a three-point error margin. Fieldwork by TNS of Horsham, PA.</font>

I don't know much about the "science" of polling, but 3% error for 1/100,000 of the adult population?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you don't know much about polling.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:18 PM

Gov. Mark Warner my friend. He is the golden ticket in '08.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:29 PM

Default Re: 97% accurate!

That's trivial considering the ability of manipulation they have on the polls [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2005, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

39% Approval. Better still, 55% believe the administration "intentionally misled" the nation about the war.

Story here.

My favorite part is the sidebar box to related stories. Dig these headlines:

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone know what Cheney's Approval rating is? I heard somewhere that it was in the 20's.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Does anyone know what Cheney's Approval rating is? I heard somewhere that it was in the 20's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why, I'm glad you asked. In the latest CBS poll, Cheney's favorable/unfavorable numbers were 19/44.
[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]