Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 09:29 AM

Default Re: 10k Hand tuneup

I tend to play a little tighter than most here, particularly from early position. I would be the first to admit that I am probably giving up a small amount of value, particularly at tables that aren't all that tricky. However, I do play at UB, and it tends to be a little tighter there than say the play at Party.

It's funny that you bring up KQo and AJo. I believe they are marginal, but I toss them straight to the muck. I curse myself when I get them suited, because I usually raise but am not necessarily happy about playing it. This is obvious, because you seem well informed, but the problem with limping with these is that the unsuited variety don't necessarily play well multihanded, and limping with also indicate to your more observant opponents to start trying to isolate you in position..., no fun!

Certainly if the table is loose and passive, and no one is paying attention, you can likely get away with limping. But in general, I play hands up front raise or fold.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Folding to a river bet does seem way out of whack. Almost like you can not believe you are beat. The norm is about 43% - which would mean you have folded 38 times less often then the typicle winner in that situation.
sort of passive.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a question, not an opinion: Should folding to a River bet even in 2/4 & 3/6 be 40+%?

If the pot is a decent size and I have any piece of the board I usually call 1 bet heads-up because there is so much bluffing & chasing at the lower limits. Mine is ~30% for those limits, which could be a leak I need to plug.

5/10 is definitely a different story.

Thanks.

SP
Old 12-14-2005, 05:00 PM

bump
Old 12-14-2005, 06:02 PM

i'd guess that that's why your pfr's under 10%. i think that's playing too tight. you can probably find some EV in those raising from EP to MP...

also i wouldn't want to limp late. i'm usually raising late unless there's a raise in front or lot of limpers with low pockets. limping early i would probably do more with lower pp depending on the tables and my relative position...