Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 03:59 AM

Default Re: Vermonster

[ QUOTE ]
Well the kid would take it home and put it in a freezer then scoop it into a bowl and eat.

[/ QUOTE ]
So how would you know that he didn't cheat? Are you guying to have to sit shiva in his apartment with him for 24 hours?
Old 11-01-2005, 04:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont get it, half of you say im fcked and the others say its near impossible.

[/ QUOTE ]

The hard part for me is figuring out the various units (ice cream is normally measures in volume and not wieght). If I did the math right, you are looking at about .75 gallons of ice cream. That is not a lot of ice cream. I routinely used to eat half gallons of ice cream in a day (3 servings) on top of normal meals.

The thing that is really killing you here is the 24 hour period. That is 4 or 5 stomach emptings which is a lot of food. If it was a 3 hour limit, stomach size becomes a limiting factor. For this it is the ability to eat ice cream. Assuming he eats at a sane pace so he doesn't get sick, I think you are in trouble.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:59 AM

I would say you're likely an underdog here. The fact that you didn't stipulate temperature (so he can let it melt) hurts you, but even if you hadn't a fair number of people could do it with everything still frozen. Probably not a majority, but I'd think a majority of the people who'd undertake the challenge.

I'm 6'3" 235lbs, and I'd give you odds on this bet if I weren't trying to drop to 220 at the moment.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:03 AM

6 7' 260, same here, tryin to get back in ballin shape.

I would wager I could clear out up to 3 in 24 hours.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
6 7' 260, same here, tryin to get back in ballin shape.

I would wager I could clear out up to 3 in 24 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting down 3 is much closer to an even-odds wager. You might even be able to find people willing to lay odds in your favor.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:14 AM

hmmm. I'd be willing.

Wodner if there's a market for it?

Anyone interested in a wager?
Old 11-01-2005, 06:58 AM

Mu ha ha ha, someone else's turn!
Old 11-01-2005, 07:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rest assured, you've started something great here.

We're along ways from something I'll have to tell my grandkids, but as far as prop-betting goes we're making great progress.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:37 AM

To prevent brain freeze you SIP warm water. You eat as much as possible in 7 minutes. At the 7 minute mark your stomach starts to tell your brain to slow down. At the 10-12 minute mark you have a hard time shoving food down very fast at all. You pace yourself after this.

1 in 24 hrs - I would give 10:1 that I could do this no problem. 7-8lbs is only a gallon of milk in volume. EAZY

2 in 24 hrs - If you got the first one down quickly, and then waited as long as possible before starting/finishing the second EAZY. I give 5:1 odds

3 in 24 hrs - Well if you can get the first one down in an hour (which I think is eazy). Then wait 11 hrs get the 2nd one down, wait 11 hrs get the 3rd one down. I think I would want someone to give me 5:1 odds to do it because I would get tired of icecream.

What is the most one person could do in 24hrs? I would guess around 8. It takes your brain about 2hrs to realize you have digested the food and have moved it on. Your stomach then starts the i'm hungry cycle all over again, and in 2-3 more hours you are hunting food.

Reference: Drinking 5 Gallons of water too quickly will kill you, but it is physically possible to do so in a short timeframe. That is 40lbs of water. Your stomach can stretch A LOT!

I think a professional could eat 8 of these. Anymore than that and you start running into volume and sugar intake problems I think.

My bankroll is only sufficient to take 1 bet under $10, with all ice cream prepaid for by someone other than me. :P
Old 11-01-2005, 08:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rest assured, you've started something great here.

We're along ways from something I'll have to tell my grandkids, but as far as prop-betting goes we're making great progress.

[/ QUOTE ]

Similar prop bet. A friend and I went to eat at Damons. We each had an order of wings. We each ate a rack of ribs, a salad, fries, and some side I forget. We were drinking beer the whole time. We ordered their Chocolate Decadence Dessert.

The waitress said "You guys going to share?" ...

I replied, "Heck no. We are just getting started!"

She looked amazed and said, "If you guys each finish one of these, then I will personally pay for them."

I said, "You are on!"

Well to be sure the fix was in... She must have used all the ice cream, brownies, fudge, and whipped cream she could find because they were HUGE!

My friend and I each ordered a water, and then we ate every bite of those desserts while she watched from the kitchen entry. She paid for our desserts. I tipped her enough to cover [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

We got out into my friends car.. Laid the the seats back and just sat there in misery for about 20 minutes before deciding we could upright hte seats long enough to drive home. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]