Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2005, 10:43 AM

Default Help me Value Bet the River

I realized I think I'm missing too many bets on the river with the best hand. I'm betting out...it's just not getting called. In other words, I know when I've got the hand won, but I'm just not CAPITALIZING on it as well as I could.

I used to think value betting was one of my strong suits (ie: Finding the happy medium that my opponent has to call), but now I've come to realize I've totally neglected this skill, and I think I'm leaking... badly.

Has anyone come up with some great creedo for value betting in NL? I'd love to see some well-thought out tested-and-approved rules for value betting in NL.

Too many times, (especially when multi-tabling), I'm not recognizing when my opponent missed his draw on the end, or if he actually has a hand to call a value-bet with.

Getting your value bets called properly can EASILY yield an extra 10-20 big blinds/100. In other words, not value-betting appropriately can be a huge leak!

Help?