Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 11:26 AM

Default How do I calculate aggression in PT?

I posted this in the beginners forum but I wont get any replies any time soon...

[ QUOTE ]

"MP1 is very laggy...62/25/4.80"

What does voluntarily put $ in pot VP$IP mean? Can you give me an example please because I cant undertand this and why is it so importand. Then what does the second stat stand for (the 25 in the above example). How can I calcualate these stats in pokertracker for each player on my table so that I'll have to take it in concideration when I have to make a decision against them?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-13-2005, 11:37 AM

Default Re: How do I calculate aggression in PT?

All your questions are answered in the PT help file.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:39 AM

You can read about this stuff in the Micro-Limit FAQ

PT shows detailed agression stats on the General Info tab, click on the "More Detail" button.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:54 AM

Done that.
Now can you answer me please?
Old 07-13-2005, 12:12 PM

Straight from PT. General info tab click on more details.

[ QUOTE ]
*Aggression Factor is calculated as: (Raise%+Bet%)/Call%
General rule of thumb...less then 0.70 = passive - more then 1.5 = aggressive (if you are including PF #'s in the calculation)

[/ QUOTE ]

And here's a snippet from the PT help file

[ QUOTE ]
VP$IP - percentage of times player voluntarily put money into the pot pre-flop with the hand. Putting money in the blinds is not considered voluntary unless you call from the SB or call a raise from the BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

This stuff isn't hard to find, look damnit. I'm just feeling generous this morning.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:28 PM

When I have the external game time window I can check the players VP$IP and the PFR (Thats the second stat isnt it?). But I can't check their aggression. Where could I find that.
Why is it important anyway to know the VP$IP?
Old 07-13-2005, 01:15 PM

VP$IP shows you what kind of cards they play, how loose or tight they are. If you encounter someone with a 40% VP$IP it shows you that they play a lot of hands, not just restricting themselves to pocket pairs, high suited/connector cards. The higher the % is the crappier their hands get. So a person with a 40% VP$IP could play 95s or T8o. A person with a low % shows that they play good hands and good hands only. People with 20% or under (depending on gamy type 6max or full ring) be considered tight and only play 20 or so of the best starting hands in poker. PFR and post flop aggression show you how aggressive their play is, someone who has a VP$IP of 60% and a PFR of 20% will raise on pretty much anything so you shouldn't be intimidated of their raises. On the other hand someone who has a VP$IP of 13% and a PFR of 5% or less will raise only a great hand (ex..AA or KK). Ok this is getting more and more into basic poker theory, and I'm still learning so I'll let someone with more experience explain this to you or just go out and read some books on the subject.

BTW instead of using the gametime window try one of the programs that display the stats right on the game window. PokerAce Hud is the best one out there right now and it doesn't take long to configure, but it only works on the party skins and poker stars (more to come). Try gametime+ for sites that aren't supported by PA Hud.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:26 PM

Theeere you go [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.
I'd like to stick with PT. All those others programs that stick info on the window could be banned from sites. I wouldnt like to risk it.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:56 PM

Ok in the external game time window there is no agression factor anywhere. I have to double click on the players name and then click more to go down and find the AF. Is this the way you do it? It takes too much time. Or do people check these stats elsewhere and post them in the format x/y/z like its standard. Thanks.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:26 PM

I haven't used game time window so I can't help you there. With the huds it's easy to set up what info you want. With PA Hud you can position the stat where you want it also. Check out the various topics on the program for more info. And right now it doesn't seem like huds that allow you to view information you've goatherd yourself will be banned. Only things like pokeredge are posing a problem since you get to view lots of statistics that you haven't gathered yourself from a central database.

PokerAce