Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 09:52 AM

Default KTo and a short stack

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (3 handed) converter

Hero (t2645)
Button (t4103)
SB (t6752)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t400</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t1500</font>, Hero ?

We had only played ten hands three-way at this point. Opponents had folded to min raises before and I had hoped they might do it again. In two previous hands I had raised, Button had re-raised me and I folded, so I'm wondering here if SB is now trying to push me around as well. Do you call, push, fold? I'm still new to tournament play and was not sure what to do here.

If you fold here, what do you push with later? Any ace or PP? Blinds will obviously eat us up soon (antes are coming up soon as well) if we can't steal blinds or win a pot.

Thanks for any comments.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:57 AM

Default Re: KTo and a short stack

KTo is obviously a marginal hand here. You took a shot at the blinds and didn't get them. I would not get further involved in this hand.

As for answering other questions asked they are too generic and as you play more you'll get a better feel. Keep reading.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:21 AM

Default Re: KTo and a short stack

After you raise here yo still have 10x the BB, he could be bullying you around but im sure you can pick another spot to get the blinds, but the next time you have to push.