Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > The Stock Market
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2005, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Going for the gold

[ QUOTE ]
There's been several threads in mid-high that will tell you you're wrong and Paluka is correct.

Reading is fun!!

[/ QUOTE ]

HEY I MAKE $500/HOUR PLATING CARDS!! Now that it is a thread, you believe it?
Old 02-21-2005, 02:10 PM

"So what else would a wall street trader have on top of me?"

Not having to worry about lawnmower repair?
Old 02-21-2005, 02:37 PM

Cool. Do you have a blog site or something? Or maybe you could just post daily or weekly updates here? I think it would be really helpful to a lot of aspiring traders like me to hear about your thought process and investing strategies - and some OTC stock tips would be greatly appreciated! I read a lot of stock trading forums, but most of the guys on them fall victim to the hype and I end up losing a lot of money when I go with their picks. I wouldn't be surprised if you could get people to pay up to $1000/mo just to see your picks after a while. Also, if you keep playing poker as well, it would be great to hear your thoughts on the game. Since you're already crushing the 15/30 for $50/hr, do you have plans to move to the higher stakes games soon?
Old 02-21-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, if you keep playing poker as well, it would be great to hear your thoughts on the game. Since you're already crushing the 15/30

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have any problems with people taking investment advice from this guy, since it's obvious he knows all there is to know about being a successful daytrader.

But a word of warning to Diablo and others. Don't let him know your Party screen-names. It puts you at risk, he could start showing up in your games and making things real tough for you. Sure, he may help you out from time to time with a tip here or there, but you're retarted if you think he's going to tell you everything he knows. He'll always know more than you and will never tell you his best moves. My advice is don't go swimming with the big sharks if you can avoid it.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:46 PM

I never said I was making $50/hour playing 15/30.. I was saying that was the max I think anyone could make. I'm more around the $30/hour range.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:51 PM

Also, about the OTC stock tips. I would love to share, and will try, but sometimes it is very difficult. I always use them as very short term investments... a day at the most. They tend to make their moves very quick if they are goign to at all.. in a matter of an hour or two. I get in the stock.. I have to keep my eye on it constantly.. therefore not really giving me the chance to make a post. Plus if it is a hype stock I get out really quick, so i wouldn't want to post on here the second I buy.. realize it's hyped, then leave you hangin and buyin in when I might have already sold. I'll see what I can do.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I never said I was making $50/hour playing 15/30.. I was saying that was the max I think anyone could make. I'm more around the $30/hour range.

[/ QUOTE ]

For 3 tables? Wow. You should really move up to the 5/10 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 02-21-2005, 05:06 PM

I don't lie about my stats.. $30/hour is solid.. I'm talkin over 100,000+ hands.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, OK. Yeah, you can probably do a little better than $30/hr. Still, it would be really interesting to read a blog or something from someone like you who has shown the ability to win at this kind of rate consistently, unlike most of the posters here who have good stats over some very short period.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, about the OTC stock tips. I would love to share, and will try, but sometimes it is very difficult. I always use them as very short term investments... a day at the most. They tend to make their moves very quick if they are goign to at all.. in a matter of an hour or two. I get in the stock.. I have to keep my eye on it constantly.. therefore not really giving me the chance to make a post. Plus if it is a hype stock I get out really quick, so i wouldn't want to post on here the second I buy.. realize it's hyped, then leave you hangin and buyin in when I might have already sold. I'll see what I can do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the great post. This is exactly the type of knowledge I think would be incredibly valuable in a blog or newsletter or something. A lot of times I buy OTC stocks from these boards but it is way too late and I just end up losing money. Maybe you can just post a blog or updates here with your general strategies and thoughts and we can ask you followup questions? As for the specific stock tips, maybe you can just email them or IM them or something to the people who pay for your newsletter? That would be a really good strategy, I think. Create a blog which describes how you figure out what you're going to do that everyone can read for free and then make people pay to get sent your stock tips (or maybe just post a couple of them a week and those who pay get the rest of them).

It would be fun to have a catchy name for your blog or newsletter. Like "wickedgoodtrader's web" or something like that. Do like a spider theme, maybe...