Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 12:23 PM

Default Re: Ax in the BB in a live game.

I wish you'd just left me believing that you'd folded to a flop raise. I think seeing this HH might be making me go blind.

Hey, where'd everybody go?
Old 10-07-2005, 12:40 PM

Preflop: So we have a guy who plays only premium hands opening UTG and a weak-tight Button raising. I honestly think that I fold my A5o here. You have a hand that stands to be horribly dominated and no way to make a "big hand" against a large field unless you hit your one straight combo, two pair, or trip 5's.

However, I don't think that this play is large -EV...we can outplay the other players if we hit and we are paying 1 to win potentially win 10 (at the time of the buttons raise). But, me personally, I drop it.

The limp re-raise is not what we want to see, however, at this point we definitely need to call as the odds we are getting are huge.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, I don't think that this play is large -EV...we can outplay the other players if we hit...

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
(UTG)When he has a good holding "I don't care. I am not folding that." are the words that come from his mouth.

[/ QUOTE ]

How, exactly, do you propose to outplay UTG postflop?
Old 10-07-2005, 01:27 PM

More on my thoughts while playing this hand...

UTG limp tells me pp or big/suited ace. Button raise could be a wide range and this guy was clearly very weak. I know I am going to need a great flop for A5o, but implied odds at this table are huge so why not gamble one SB?

When UTG LRRs I see a pp - AA,KK,QQ. There is a smaller chance he is doing it with AKs, but I have seen him limp these before. Preflop agg is low for this guy and he is really easy to read. So now I have to call when it comes back around.

On the flop I know he is going to bet and I know the button is a fraidycat. I bet into UTG's raise to see what button would do. When he folded I was virtually stuck in the hand. UTG was talking through the hand. If he had the ace he would have clammed up. Oversimplified tell perhaps, but once it was down to 3-handed I was not folding.

This play was very player/situation dependent. Just trying to get a little more creative/aggressive without being a complete idiot.

Playing live was great fun. I have spent most of summer playing online, which leaves me a lot more time for golf.