Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2005, 12:36 PM

Default Interesting hand, big bet on river, what would you do?

5-10 NL live game

I've been playing for about thirty minutes and the only hand i've shown down was for a short stacks raise all in, and i check raise the original bettor all in and show a jack high flush on the flop. Other than that, my table image hasn't been established. Table seems weak, with three rocks sitting right by me.

I'm SB with K 6, off suit.

UTG limps.....(limps suspiciously)

2 MP callers,

Button calls,

I call, BB checks option.

6 players to the flop

($60)

Flop

k [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet $100

UTG goes into academy award winning mode, gives speech, motions as if he's considering an all-in (UTG is weak, and unsure of his hand) hems and haws, takes a long time, and finally calls.

Folds around to me.

At this point I really start considering the fact that he open limped. Could he have AA here, or did he limp with a hand like the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]...not enough history with him to tell for sure.

turn 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, he bets $250 like he's allergic to chips.

I call.

river 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] the proverbial black deuce.

I check, he goes all in for $870 or so, i think it was.

While i'm deliberating i'm noticing he's trying to watch the football game on t.v. to keep him distracted. he's trying really hard not to give any info, and when i asked him "did you flop two pair?" he responds with a small and uncomfortable laugh.

Given the information above, what would you put him on and would you make the call?

surely he has to have one of three hands here i'm thinking, AA, the flush, AK or K8.....

results in white <font color="white">A,K </font>

all comments on the streets appreciated.

I'm pretty sure I misplayed the hand by giving up the lead on the turn.