Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 09:00 PM

Default Continuation bets in NL25 6max

I play NL25 6 max. Oftentimes when I'm in the Co/Button, I like to raise it up with hands like Q9s, T8, 76, 33, etc. If there are limpers, I will raise a little more. If I'm opening, I will raise usually 3-4x bb. With 2 or 3 callers, I'm betting about 1/2 to 2/3 of the pot on the flop when checked to regardless of what flops. If I get called and I don't improve, I check/fold the turn. With 4 or more callers, I will usually just check/fold the flop unless I have a hand worth playing. Am I spewing chips by doing this? The games I play are generally loose/passive. I've heard the rationale for this kind of play is that when you do raise it up with a premium hand, you'll get paid off more often. But I'm starting to wonder if the people I play with even notice it. I know this is a general question, but I'm just wondering what the general consensus on continuation bets is in micro nl.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:17 PM

Default Re: Continuation bets in NL25 6max

Do you have Poker Traker?

If so, I made a script not long ago to analyze the success of your continuation bets, posted here

You can use this to see if continuation bets are working right: more than 50% success, automatic profit. Less than that, work on your timing / technique.

dave.