Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 12:55 PM

Default End of Year Boxing Picks Thread

Lots of fights coming up here at the end of the year so I thought I would start a thread. As you know, Tuds and I go back and forth analyzing these fights and I must say that there has been large rewards from our recent bets. Either way, we both agree on the over for Tony if the price is good and the over for Castillo/Corrales. There is still ongoing discussion about the B-Hop/Taylor and Peter/Wlad fights. I like the $ on Peter str8 up to beat Wlad and the over for B-Hop/Taylor. I also think that betting str8 up on Taylor is a very smart move.

Thoughts?

Indy
Old 09-12-2005, 06:07 PM

Default Re: End of Year Boxing Picks Thread

I definitely appreciate yours and Tuds' boxing threads, as you guys really know what you're talking about.

I tailed Tuds' picks last weekend of the over on the Morales fight and the under on the Pacquiao fight, and both picks were right on. Doesn't anyone discuss boxing here anymore? There were 0 replies to that thread.

Unfortunately, on my own, I also played a parlay that included Morales winning, and also had Morales winning in a decision +160. I couldn't imagine either Morales or Pacquiao losing their fights (both of them over -1000), but somehow it happened. Back to square one for me.

Looking forward to the future boxing picks here!
Old 09-12-2005, 06:58 PM

In the USA, boxing used to be the biggest sport. In the 1920s the Yankees used to sell out at 8000 in the audience wheras the HW boxing events had 50000. Times have changed and people do not follow boxing as much anymore. To be honest, Tuds and I have been PMing each other quite a bit and have not been posting here for lack of interest. In my opinion, boxing is the easiest sport to make $ on because of public ignorance. Now go out there and bet the farm on the Corrales/Castillo over!!!

Indy
Old 09-12-2005, 07:17 PM

I'd like to hear your thoughts on why you feel the over is such a 'lock'?
Old 09-12-2005, 10:19 PM

Hey All,

Great thread to start Indy, Let just hope it doesn't get burried with CFB and NFL threads, even if it does I will start a new thread so as long their is some boxing talk happening on this board.

These next 4 months promise to be one of the most exciting stretchs in the sport of boxing in along time. It seems like every week their is a big card and on those cards their is at least one good fight and maybe a couple good bets.

I have been collecting lots of information about upcoming fights. I have got some REALLY strong picks in the near future. I won't post anything yet because as now right their are very few lines posted. Only real big fights have odds and those fights will be discussed more as they near. Once I find some odds on some of my favorite upcoming boxing lines I will post them here. But as Indy can atest, I do change my mind frequently as I gather more info and as the lines change, so please follow my most current advice.

Good to See Some Interest in Boxing on this Board. Now Lets All Win Some $$ Together.

Tuds
Old 09-12-2005, 11:21 PM

I used to post my picks but stopped because they were vastly inferior to you and Tuds picks. Maybe I will continue to post mine. They last pick I really liked, Barrett over Roc, was wrong.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:38 PM

ThaHero,

Definatly DON'T stop posting your picks. I don't care if they are horrible predictions, just please give us the complete reasoning behind your picks. If we can get multiple angles/takes on a fight then we can try to analyze it as complete as possible.

Tuds
Old 09-12-2005, 11:59 PM

Do you feel that the Tua/ Saliff match, which has been rescheduled to October ,will get any lines posted?

Any answer is appreciated.

Thanks!

MJC
Old 09-13-2005, 12:33 AM

im one of the ones who is creeping in your shadows on these threads, but appreciate the analysis.. just know we are here and keep up the good work [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2005, 02:17 AM

Yes there will be a Tua/Saliff line, but since it is nota big fight the line will come probably the monday of the fight. If the rounds are low enough I would actually take the over. But we will have to wait and see.

Tuds