Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2005, 12:03 AM

Default F U Donk!

F U Donk!
Wrote my first article and just uploaded my website to its domain.
Dont worry, there are no affiliate links or sales links in the entire site (and wont be for a couple weeks) so this isn't some weak marketing scheme.

Hope you all enjoy!
-DCW

(BTW, the website is new, no content on most pages, if there are any bugs, please tell me)
Old 04-09-2005, 02:27 AM

Default Re: F U Donk!

Ok, so you say don't hold the fact that you're a dick against you cause you only do it at the poker table.

Sorry. You don't get a free pass on being a dick. Now I've hung out with dicks before, I don't necessarily write somebody off because they are sometimes a dick. But that doesn't make it right to be a dick.

Ok, so you've got a reason...you do it for profit. Bully for you. But it still makes you a dick. You don't get a pass on it any more than the guy that says, well I'm only a dick when I'm drinking, the rest of the time I'm a really great guy. I'm not going to overlook your dickness simply because you're otherwise a good guy.

Hey, its your perogative...be a dick if you want to. But to me the fact that you're consciously choosing to be a dick rather than just exhibiting some unconcious character flaw, is even worse than guys who are just naturally dicks.

Its just not cool.

But again, do what you want. You dick. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

--Zetack
Old 04-09-2005, 02:37 AM

Dude, he's won every one of the slew of heads up matches he played. There obviously has to be something to it. Maybe we should all be donkey punchers.
Old 04-09-2005, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this isn't some weak marketing scheme.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is and its even weaker that you're trying to disguise your ploy. Your article is a joke. Who do you think you are? You are some small time grinder who has read too much www.neverwinpoker.com. YOU are the donk and I would happily break you in half. Go spam your bullshit website on rec.gambling.poker because we have no need for fuckups like you.
Old 04-09-2005, 03:19 AM

You're clearly an A-Hole, probably no friends, etc. But who knows, maybe that's all the rage with 2/4 pros/Internet Coaches these days.

The bigger issue FWIW, is that the two main ingredients in your personality seem to be hostility and arrogance. Now seeming arrogance is often the mark of uncaring talent, someone so confident and well adjusted they don't really notice or care how they come off. Hostility and contrived arrogance however go hand in hand with self delusion, which even an undefeated heads up player like yourself must know leads to losing.
Old 04-09-2005, 03:33 AM

Lucky - what's with the personal insults? you dont even know me IRL, why try to think up some irrelevant put-down (which isnt even close to true)?

I didnt claim that everyone should be an ass at the tables, just saying that the -EV doesnt come until the conversation goes above the donks' heads.

Zetack - If you want to assume that someone's an ass in person because they're an ass at the tables, that's your prerogative. The point of the article was to show that this isnt always the case. If i cant change your mind, thats just too bad.

Wally - I didnt put any profitable content on there at all. If there was I wouldnt have posted it on these forums. I know the rules, and will use the classifieds when that time comes. You seem to have alot more hostility than I even wrote I express at the tables. You dont even have a +EV reason to let it out. chill?

mantasm - i realize alot of the fact that i havent lost a HU match is due to luck. But everyone can agree a HU match against an extremely weak player is a very profitable situation.
Old 04-09-2005, 02:24 PM

If I was playing some game I wasn't good at and some DONK like you started annoying me, I'd just leave the table and find some players who can take my money and stand the suckouts with a smile on their face..
Old 04-09-2005, 03:32 PM

How is it that you can profess to know the minds of "donks" so well?

I think it's because you are one yourself.
Old 04-09-2005, 04:07 PM

150k PT database with 1.7BB/100, 11.6 avg tables.

I must be a donk, you're right.
Old 04-09-2005, 04:50 PM

there are many less than gentlemanly ways to put a player on tilt in order to give yourself an edge.

while i personally probably would never resort to what you do, it seems to work for you. unless there is proof that this type behaviour actually does chase real live fish away, i can't see why anyone would have a problem with it. personally, i like being berated at the tables...it's fun and makes me laugh.

when it happens, i take on a certain personality....usually i begin referring to myself in the 3rd person....for example, when i win a big pot against the "enemy", i may respond like "XXXXX's(me) read on your feeble hand was again right on the money. your texas hold'em skills are no match for XXXXX(me)." fun times. i never respond to direct criticism, however. it's fun to then read the other players talking about my unusual persona with each other. it seems entertaining to them as well.

cheers!