Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 04:32 PM

Default folding against very lag bluffer

All I know about sb is that she raised the previous hand with 42o with one caller, then bet it the whole way with a pair against two opponents (incl me folding the flop). Button was quite averege.

Afterwards I think I had too little info on sb's postflop play in a too small pot to play the turn like I did. But I'm not sure how I should play it (not sure about the flop either).

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
Old 11-28-2005, 04:41 PM

Default Re: folding against very lag bluffer

I would have check/folded the flop or check/called and check folded the turn.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:43 PM

You can't call this turn.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:56 PM

I think you are either WA/WB here. SB either has the flush or was hoping it would be a scare card for you. Either is likely, given your read.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you are either WA/WB here. SB either has the flush or was hoping it would be a scare card for you. Either is likely, given your read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero is never way ahead at any point in this hand. Way behind maybe way ahead never.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:08 PM

On the flop---

With the pot being so small, I learn towards playing very tightly. Considering there is a 2 flush on the board, and you have the lowly split 4's, there is a lot to come that can beat you (if you aren't already basically drawing dead), and you know that at least the Villain is in it until the end based on her play the previous hand. Therefore, I don't 3-bet the flop, I simply call and check the turn.

If she bets again on the turn, I let her have this measly 4.5 BB pot and move on to the next hand.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:18 PM

I call the raise and, given the fact that it's a club, check/fold the turn. If it was a non-ace offsuit card, i'd gaybet/fold to a raise from the button and call down a raise from the SB.

In general, i think people who open limp from the button arent going to be raising a weaker 4 here. Think about it. If he cared about taking control of a hand, he would have raised preflop. Some may raise weak fours to take control of the hand, but if he isnt the type to raise preflop from the button, he (probably) isnt the type to raise a 4 here.

The fact that he folded the turn doesnt change this.

You shouldnt fold to a maniac/lag, but you're pretty clearly vulnerable to a _lot_, and just because he's nuts doesnt mean he wont occasionally pick up a hand. When you arent already drawing slim against him, he's probably drawing quite live.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This isnt at all WA/WB. It's about as far from it as you can get. You're either a bit ahead, or way behind. Any club with overcards is drawing extremely live (12-15 cards). Any pair above your 4, flush or trips has you drawing to 2-5 cards.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:19 PM

I don't mind the flop donk, especially since it's a limped pot. I wouldn't 3-bet the flop, though. I would call the raise and donk the turn.

Look at SB's play. He coldcalled two bets on a paired flop and check-raised the turn flush card. If he's setting up for a bluff, he's setting up for a very expensive one. More likely, he has a piece of the flop and regardless of which piece he has, you're dead on the turn. Fold to the check-raise.