Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2005, 12:15 PM

Default Re: Got knocked out following HOH advice

[ QUOTE ]
This brings up a very interesting point, however. Often it is said "if you're going to call a reraise, just push in the first place, to increase your fold equity." This isn't always good advice. The point is that if you push, you will always be behind when you get called, and usually way behind. But if you make a smaller raise, depending on the players at your table, you stand a much greater chance of getting action from a lesser hand. For example, someone who wouldn't call your push with 66 could still reraise you all-in with that hand. Again, this takes us back to the nature of the table, and what you can expect from the players still to act. I don't think there's a specific "right" play for KQs in middle position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why I do agree with this somewhat I don't think it makes complete sense. The all-in move looks more desperate and the pocket 6s might be just as likely or more likely to call. A lot of times a really strong hand like AA, KK, AKs, or QQ will limp or make a smaller raise because they want some action. Actually, when someone minraises it seems real suspicious. Despite all this, when I have made an all-in move with KQs and am called I am usually behind in the hand.