Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2005, 06:57 PM

Default Re: Preflop bluff turns into money by the river

[ QUOTE ]
you've got some serious learning to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

A little childish, wouldn't you say? And yes, I'm responding to a condescending post with one of my own.

[ QUOTE ]

and you're so hyper-focused on one or two comments that should be so obvious they don't NEED further discussion that, by your own admission, you DIDN'T EVEN READ THE WHOLE THREAD before making up your mind about the type of responses you were getting!

[ QUOTE ]
Let's just say he raised with JJ. Well, when the King flops, will he call down when I three bet him preflop? Probably not. But maybe.

[/ QUOTE ]

ridiculous. why must you have a K? why will he fold against a single, non-A overcard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Because that is my read on him. If you post a hand and say a player is tight aggressive, do I need to ask you why? I saw him lay down a lot after the flop, what more do you want me to tell you? Just because you don't like the read, doesn't mean it is wrong. Again, in this particular case, he folded just as I expected him to do 2 times out of 3. I don't how to argue my side of this discussion... a read is a read. There is no way to validate it except by results. My results here validated my read. I don't understand why this bothers you so much.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
On the turn... raise wasn't an option here. Period. I never saw this player raise. Ever. Over 500 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is complete and utter b.s. Whether it's true or not. Either you have this information, or you don't. Not providing it until you've decided you can't be right unless incredibly specific, incredibly obviously important information, which has previously been known ONLY TO YOU has been the source of some of the worst threads on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another angry listener. Please read my initial post. The second sentence in the initial paragraph states: Button is a classic calling station. NEVER raises, just calls. He only bets with a big hand when checked to, otherwise you can be sure he will call with something and fold with nothing.

My read on him was CLEARLY posted. Why you are getting all huffy about this, again, I don't know. How did I manage to piss you off here?

[ QUOTE ]
Like historically terrible posts where people make bad plays, justify them ex post facto, and provide reads and information sporadically as people detail why their play was bad, ultimately "proving" how correct they really were, every step of the way. If only the rest of us would open our minds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't give all information in my initial post. Some things I didn't think were important. Am I the first to do this? No, I'm not. In any case, I'm really sorry you have nothing to contribute to this thread, except to blast me because you disagree with me. This is really becoming a sorry excuse for a post. If you'd like, I'll start posting all my hands where AA gets busted and ask if I played it badly. Nice and standard, just the way you like it.

[ QUOTE ]
If you're educating us, make it clear in your o.p.

If you're making a string of opponent specific moves that really won't ever be applicable ever, outside of this hand, consider not posting. But if you feel the need to post, explain in your o.p. why you went that route.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the last time... the point of this post was twofold. First, to find out how others vary there play and see if they agreed with mine. Second, to find out if my play was OK postflop. I have been shown that I was wrong in betting into the calling station postflop. It was not a great decision. Would I do it next time? No, it was definitely -EV. So, if nothing else, I did learn something from the post, as I'd hoped to. Isn't that what this forum is all about?