Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 09:12 PM

Default Re: all minimum wage laws should be abolished

[ QUOTE ]
"at your age" I dont know why people keep brining up my age, who cares how old I am, that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thinking about it, I agree, your age is not germane.

Frank
Old 08-01-2005, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They did show results, the whole trickle down theory works, the governemnt racked in more revenue even with those 850 million dollar tax cuts (I believe that was the number)

[/ QUOTE ]

The rebates had nothing to do with trickle down. No offense to you, Fishhooks, but it sounds like you are just piecing together little economic snippets that you have learned over the years. The point you are trying to make is incomprehensible in over half of your posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has everything to do with trickle down economics, and how that fuels the growth and spending and doesn't just go to the pockets of the "rich" people. Many of the tax cuts were for the "rich" not all but a lot of it was. The only tax cuts that the middle class recieved from my understanding is 500 more tax credits per child and each household recieved 2,000 in tax credits under certain brackets, the rest of the 850 million dollar tax cut whet to the rich. Since the government has gained more revenue even with these tax cuts proves trickle down economics to an extent. That the money is being trickled down by growning companies and going into the pockets of middle and lower class families and thats why spending is up even despite the intrest rake heights. Tell me please how this has nothing to do with trickle down economics.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:25 PM

Many of the jobs you mentioned dont even pay minimum wage, even burger flipers are making 6-7 dollars an hour. The immigrants proboly do make minimum wage and they can't even speak english, do you think their worth that much, I dont if their selling buritos and cant speak english. Your complaining about our data not being shown, where is yours. My opinion on data is that it just depends on the source, liberal and conservative sources will give you two totally different analysis and they both say their data is "fair".
Old 08-01-2005, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They did show results, the whole trickle down theory works, the governemnt racked in more revenue even with those 850 million dollar tax cuts (I believe that was the number)

[/ QUOTE ]

The rebates had nothing to do with trickle down. No offense to you, Fishhooks, but it sounds like you are just piecing together little economic snippets that you have learned over the years. The point you are trying to make is incomprehensible in over half of your posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has everything to do with trickle down economics, and how that fuels the growth and spending and doesn't just go to the pockets of the "rich" people. Many of the tax cuts were for the "rich" not all but a lot of it was. The only tax cuts that the middle class recieved from my understanding is 500 more tax credits per child and each household recieved 2,000 in tax credits under certain brackets, the rest of the 850 million dollar tax cut whet to the rich. Since the government has gained more revenue even with these tax cuts proves trickle down economics to an extent. That the money is being trickled down by growning companies and going into the pockets of middle and lower class families and thats why spending is up even despite the intrest rake heights. Tell me please how this has nothing to do with trickle down economics.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is patently untrue. I can't discuss economics with someone who doesn't have a handle on the facts. The middle class got much more than that. The 10% bracket was added for example, and the marginal tax rates were decreased as well. The top one came down from 39.6%, for example.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:25 PM

Unemployment rate is probably actually 10-15%

That 5% is NOT including people who DON'T or NO LONGER get unemployment payments, it's a lot higher than that BS 5 or 6% they continuously quote.

Also, let's see 82% of ppl are not happy with their jobs.

Also, let's see 1/3 of people working are still in poverty?

Oh, and finally some of these corporate fat cats are getting jail time, golden parachutes are what we need outlawed.

>TW<
Old 08-01-2005, 10:27 PM

I've found my favorite liberal target, boy is this guy crazy, when you give information post your sources. The information is only as good as its sources.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:34 PM

35% of the tax cuts went to the top 1%
Old 08-01-2005, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
35% of the tax cuts went to the top 1%

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, but the top 1% also paid the most taxes. A large percentage of Americans now have no federal tax liability thanks to the Bush tax plan.

I don't believe in this supply side stuff that I think you subscribe to, but I do believe that it is immoral for any more than what's necessary.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:37 PM

LOL! Following me now?

Unlike yourself, I think labels are fkn stupid.

Over reliance on them makes the user look ^

I'm not passing on my sources, I am not keeping track of them, I am out of school.
Don't believe any of it, I don't care. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

>TW<
Old 08-01-2005, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is true, but the top 1% also paid the most taxes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that, remember I'm republican I dont think the tax cuts for rich are bad. But I would like you to explain how this doesn't relate to trickle down economics.