Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2005, 02:23 PM

Default Re: Is this dreadful? 44 on Party 3/6

The 3-bet isn't as bad as everyone is saying, mostly because we don't have enough information. If blinds are tight and he has a 28 WTSD and is generally weak post-flop, it's OK. He could easily be stealing from the CO. It's not a huge edge, but it could be a marginal one worth pushing. I just don't know based one what you told us. Stats only say so much.

Post-flop, I like Stealthy's plan. Calling down isn't so great unless he's a donkey or tricky. He's not value betting AK or AQ on the river that often, given a typical cap range of TT+, AQs+. If he takes you for another TAG, he should know you're 3-betting on the button with something like AJ+ (maybe AT), KQ, maybe 55 or 66+. He knows you could be holding a lot of pairs, and your play so far is showdown bound on a raggedy board. Trying to get to showdown for less than 2.5 BBs is in your best interest. So if he's pretty straightforward post-flop, I like a flop raise and folding to a 3-bet or turn c/r.