Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 10:55 PM

Default Poker Edge (again), note from the developer

For all those who have been demonizing the PE developer's ethics, note this posting from him (from the PE forum).

[ QUOTE ]
We are affiliated with Empire, and they worked with us when marketing our product. Their marketing department encouraged us to sign players up to Empire and give them the use of Poker-Edge for free. Thus, Poker-Edge is not screwing anyone. We think a different department in Empire has not communicated with their Marketing department, and has decided to send out these warning emails. We are still trying to get to the bottom of this and we will keep you guys posted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether you agree with what PE does, please note the guy worked with Empire (much like the PT folks). I'm not here to argue PE good/bad, but several folks questioned the ethics of the guy making PE and I'd just like to point out he did due diligence (as a software developer myself, I guess I feel his pain).

Clearly the Party skins have a serious left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing problem.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:56 PM

Default Re: Poker Edge (again), note from the developer

good point. Just proves that party has it own head hoved up its *butt*
Old 07-12-2005, 11:01 PM

What is so ethical about charging a monthly fee to keep your own stats out?
Old 07-12-2005, 11:03 PM

I think there is a difference in "working with Empire" and being an affiliate.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is so ethical about charging a monthly fee to keep your own stats out?

[/ QUOTE ]

The charge is for access to PE, not to hide stats. Hiding stats is a value-add for anyone in PE, if you even choose to use it. It's optional, and I for one don't use it as I want other PE uses to know to avoid me.

Whining about that is like whining that all the PT users aren't coming to you asking for permission to keep their stats on you.

Ever paid for an unlisted number? Caller-id blocking? The nerve of phone companies...making you pay to hide your phone number... The nerve of credit agencies, letting nearly any business see your stats...

It's the way of the world and technology. Information is there and people can access it.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think there is a difference in "working with Empire" and being an affiliate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you even read the post? They're both and affiliate an worked with the Empire marketing department. See that part about the Empire marketing department encouraging them to give PE to users? Yea, that part in the first post. Try reading that.

Sheesh.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:17 PM

sugar coat it all you want - but marketing is simply trying to sign people up. I am quite sure they didn't get a detailed write up of what the program actually was.

I am also sure that if I tried I could get an affiliate started that gave away fake bots and the marketing department wouldn't investigate.

Just because they did something doesn't mean there was full discloser and it was actually approved.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:56 PM

Here's a later post from the PE developers. If, and I do mean IF, it's true, then PP has really screwed these poor guys over.

[ QUOTE ]
We are not misleading anyone. Yes, we have an affiliate agreement with Empire. Yes, we have worked very closely with their marketing team. Yes, our marketing advisor at Empire knows EXACTLY what our product is. Yes, he even gave us suggestions on how to better market our product by adding different features to our software.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-13-2005, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I am also sure that if I tried I could get an affiliate started that gave away fake bots and the marketing department wouldn't investigate.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are "also sure"? Sure my ass.

p.s. I'm anti-PE.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sugar coat it all you want - but marketing is simply trying to sign people up. I am quite sure they didn't get a detailed write up of what the program actually was.

Just because they did something doesn't mean there was full discloser and it was actually approved.

[/ QUOTE ]

holy unfounded assumptions, batman