Old 11-15-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Re: A-Rod MVP

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Please see Huskiez's post.

[/ QUOTE ]

irrelevant to your statement that arod's been better in the playoffs as a yankee than jeter. most of his career playoff numbers came as a mariner.

you said his stats as a yankee were better, then listed his stats for his career. that means absolutely nothing. personally, i don't care what he did in seattle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huskiez specifically asked about games whilst in Seattle, so I posted them.

[/ QUOTE ]

i know, but where are the numbers from new york that prove he's been better than jeter?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, if you want the numbers, you can look them up. I've posted career postseason numbers. You can look at regular season, you can look at Yankee postseason, you can look at anything you want. The bottom line is that Arod is a great player, and he is MUCH, MUCH better than Jeter. He always has been. If you try to argue something else, you just don't know what you are talking about. It is not my opinion that Arod is better than Jeter. It is a fact. I'm sorry if you don't like Arod.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, if you want the numbers, you can look them up. I've posted career postseason numbers. You can look at regular season, you can look at Yankee postseason, you can look at anything you want. The bottom line is that Arod is a great player, and he is MUCH, MUCH better than Jeter. He always has been. If you try to argue something else, you just don't know what you are talking about. It is not my opinion that Arod is better than Jeter. It is a fact. I'm sorry if you don't like Arod.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about??

No one is disagreeing that ARod is better than Jeter. No one has even really disagreed with ARod being better than Jeter in the playoffs for their careers (though it is debatable).

But the statement that you made saying that ARod has performed better in the postseason as a Yankee than Jeter has in the postseason as a Yankee is just flat out wrong.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But the statement that you made saying that ARod has performed better in the postseason as a Yankee than Jeter has in the postseason as a Yankee is just flat out wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

And not to beat a dead horse, but we were talking about why the NY media and some of their fans give A-Rod a hard time, and I really think that's it. Until A-Rod starts winning playoff games and series for the Yankees the way that it is perceived Jeter has, he's going to take a lot of crap.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not in the playoffs as a yankee, as you've apparently convinced yourself (math done in my head, so it's probably not perfect)

Jeter (95-04) .306/.380/.863
jeter (2005) .333/.348/.967

arod (2004) .421/.476/1.213 (v. min) 19AB
__________.258/.378/.894 (v. bos) 31AB
arod (2005) .133/.435/.635 15AB

something tells me those arod numbers will end up nearer the boston series than any of the other ones, which would be a tick lower than jeter's numbers (or at least not significantly higher)

if you've got numbers that say differently, then please post them.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And not to beat a dead horse, but we were talking about why the NY media and some of their fans give A-Rod a hard time, and I really think that's it. Until A-Rod starts winning playoff games and series for the Yankees the way that it is perceived Jeter has, he's going to take a lot of crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

damnit i said this 20 posts ago [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2005, 05:14 PM

MLB.com has the numbers for 2005 incorporated. It would be time consuming to compute ARod's combined stats to compare.

Jeter (95-05) .307 / .378 / .841
ARod (04) .320 / .414 / 1.014
ARod (05) .133 / .435 / .635

Keep in mind these numbers don't do justice to the number of critical plays Jeter has made (shovel pass, 2001 WS game 4 walkoff HR).

It appears our OPS numbers for Jeter differ for some reason, as yours would support > .863.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MLB.com has the numbers for 2005 incorporated. It would be time consuming to compute ARod's combined stats to compare.

Jeter (95-05) .307 / .378 / .841
ARod (04) .320 / .414 / 1.014
ARod (05) .133 / .435 / .635

Keep in mind these numbers don't do justice to the number of critical plays Jeter has made (shovel pass, 2001 WS game 4 walkoff HR).

It appears our OPS numbers for Jeter differ for some reason, as yours would support > .863.

[/ QUOTE ]

i accidentally switched the numbers...it should be .836, not .863
Old 11-15-2005, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i imagine yankee fans aren't thrilled with the fact that he's 0-8 w/ 2BB and 3K (1 run scored) in games where they face elimination. could that have something to do w/ his lack of popularity?
Old 11-15-2005, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about??

No one is disagreeing that ARod is better than Jeter. No one has even really disagreed with ARod being better than Jeter in the playoffs for their careers (though it is debatable).

[/ QUOTE ]

2004 ALDS

Arod .421 .476 .737
Jeter .316 .350 .526

2004 ALCS

Arod .258 .378 .516
Jeter .200 .333 .233

2005 ALDS

Arod .133 .200 .435
Jeter .333 .619 .438

Arod 2-Jeter 1
Old 11-15-2005, 06:54 PM

Jeter went 4-19 in games 4-7 of the ALCS last year. I mean, let's face it, both Jeter and A-Rod have laid bombs in the playoffs.