Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2005, 12:45 AM

Default KTs on the Button, Straight Draw on Flop

MP3 is a calling station, 63VPIP, 1.2 Agg, he goes to the showdown calling with just about anything, sees the river almost every time.
No real read on MP1, just sat down, fairly tight and aggressive before the flop, no big reads on after the flop.
With the calling station in between us I thought I'd push the open ended straight draw, backdoor second nut flush draw, and a overcard (fairly weak yes) and maybe get a free card. Didn't really like my calls on the turn though, but I figured I had the odds.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

River: (13.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB
Old 05-23-2005, 12:51 AM

Default Re: KTs on the Button, Straight Draw on Flop

don't like the free card play here as two of your outs are tainted, and a possible top pair is extremely tainted
Old 05-23-2005, 01:12 AM

Not that I think it's totally wrong, but this free card play isn't exactly free as you pay the price of driving BB and UTG out, and play an OESD heads up. I'd raise only if and early player bets, this way not only more money goes is profitably into the pot on the flop, but I am also more likely to get my free card.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:18 AM

Anyone else raise this preflop? This kind of thing has been standard for me for awhile.

Between tainted outs, and the risk of driving out others (who probably aren't folding better kings), and the fact that it doesn't always work, I'd rather just call here.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:20 AM

I definetly raise it PF