Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2005, 12:15 PM

Default concentrating to one game.... HELP ME!

At the moment im playing four different games: fixed holdem, big bet holdem, pot limit omaha, fixed omaha/8. And winner in all of these, but Im not making as much as I wish.

So I should maybe continue with only of these, so what would it be?

Here is my thought about each of them:

I play FIXED HOLDEM mostly in short handed games and have very nice winrate from then. I enjoy about this game etc. but the problem is that im not able to deposit to party poker(some problems with pay-pro and they speak even worse english in support then I do) so I dont have much games to choose off, and I fear the games may dry up in other sites im playing right now(prima ladbrokes,pokerstars) also this game would be great for multitabeling. Im now playing stakes from 10 20 up to 30 60.

NL hodelm I play this also mostly in short handed games and have a nice winrate. The problem with this game is that when things dont go my way I start playing bad and lose some big sums(=TILT). I have way better winrate in shorthanded PL and love that game more then any other, but still it only runs in party poker("=¤"#)%)%y).

Pl omaha, I have a nice winrate from this game but swings are little too sick for my taste.

omaha/8 fixed, I have very nice winrate from this and also swings are quite small, so easy money. But games dont run so often in higher stakes, and also I fear I might get bored with this game.

So what should I do.

I prefer to play in prima because I have very nice sponsor deal with them, but other sites are ok also...
Old 03-27-2005, 01:41 PM

Default Re: concentrating to one game.... HELP ME!

Is this post an attempt to gloat or a serious question?

If you're looking for an answer to "which game will make me the most money" the answer is obviously the one that is giving you the highest win rate right now.

PLO is supposedly the best BB/100 game, but i think anybody would have trouble playing more than a few tables at a time.

NL hold'em and 8/o are comparable

limit holdem the most you can really expect ever is 3BB/100, but people are able to play many many tables.

But i mean...you're the only one who knows your own personal win rate at each game, pick the one you either enjoy most or have the highest rate at.

I dont know why you'd bother to make this post though, aside from to tell the world about your "very nice" win rate in 4 differeng games...
Old 03-27-2005, 02:06 PM

Default Re: concentrating to one game.... HELP ME!

Ok lets say I make 0.05bb/100 in each game if that makes your boat float.

Anyway, point is that which one of these games is easiest to multitable in long run and wont die in near future.(thats why im worried about omaha8)

Im just trying to find out what others think..