Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 07:59 PM

Default books for nl ring games

I can't find any book specialize in nl rimg games, all of the books out there are about tournament and of course super system is very good but what else.Any book in the game that is taking over?: small blinds nl.
thank you
Old 08-11-2005, 08:07 PM

Default Re: books for nl ring games

HoH 1 is good (or so I hear) cause its all about the early stages of tourny's, which is very similar to sitting down and playing at a cash game.

Ciaffone's book was recomended to me by poster GrunchCan. I haven't seen/read a copy, but the dude helped me out ALOT in limit poker, so I trust him with knowledge in NL/PL poker.

Don't know how helpful SS is, I've heard mixed reviews about it...

Also, rumour has it that Miller/Sklansky is working on a full ring NL book... so be on the lookout.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:17 PM

i just bought Small Stakes Hold em and Hold em Poker For advanced players. Don't do what i did. I have two worthless books now.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:26 PM

"Mastering No-Limit Poker" by Russell Fox (published by ConJelCo)is written with the focus on beating small to medium , restricted buy-in NL ring games.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i just bought Small Stakes Hold em and Hold em Poker For advanced players. Don't do what i did if you don't want to play limit. I have two awesome books for limit, watch me kick some .5/1 ass

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

those books are great
Old 08-12-2005, 01:26 AM

I'm blushing, here.

I can give plenty of sound book advice. Now if I only didn't suck at the poker...
Old 08-12-2005, 01:29 AM

The first two books that I read when trying to improve my NL Hold 'Em game were Super System by Doyle Brunson and Harrington on Hold 'Em Vol 1. I just picked up The Theory of Poker by David Sklansky, after hearing some great things about it. Its been really good so for, but its more complicated then the other two imho.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The first two books that I read when trying to improve my NL Hold 'Em game were Super System by Doyle Brunson and Harrington on Hold 'Em Vol 1. I just picked up The Theory of Poker by David Sklansky, after hearing some great things about it. Its been really good so for, but its more complicated then the other two imho.

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh, I've been flipping through ToP for a while now, not reading it through in it's entirety yet... its a hard pill to swallow, and most of the concepts I haven't applied outside of 2+2 games anyway.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i just bought Small Stakes Hold em and Hold em Poker For advanced players. Don't do what i did if you don't want to play limit. I have two awesome books for limit, watch me kick some .5/1 ass

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

those books are great

[/ QUOTE ]

FY
Old 08-12-2005, 01:37 AM

ToP is very possibly the most important book in all of poker. Its not a play book or a recipe book. But if you understand ToP, then you will know how to play virtually every hand of poker, no matter the game.

I've read it many times, and I'd say my comprehension of it is still quite elementary.