Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 03:55 PM

Default Re: PokerAce Hud - Version 0.33 - PokerRoom and Absolute

[ QUOTE ]
If you continue to have the problem in the future, please post on the PokerAce software forums so we can get it figured out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolute does not show mucked cards. If your opponent folds it is not in the HH.

That is a great thing about Absolute.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you continue to have the problem in the future, please post on the PokerAce software forums so we can get it figured out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolute does not show mucked cards. If your opponent folds it is not in the HH.

That is a great thing about Absolute.

[/ QUOTE ]

They do show mucked hands now. It's in the hand history replayer that PokerAce gets it's information from. If you're at the table look to the upper left-hand corner and there's an "R" there. Click it and it will show the results of all the previous hands along with the mucked cards.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Increased Performance. There have been some good suggestions made by others on how to speed up the database activity that PA Hud does. I've also come up with some ideas of my own on improving the general speed of the application.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is #1 for me. It takes a long time for stats to display because my database is pretty big(>1 million hands). I am on an Athlong XP 3000+ w/ 1 GB Ram and 7200RPM HDD so my computer shouldn't be the problem.

Also, if I import w/ PT while running PAHud it increases the LAG on stat display by an order of magnitude. Is this a problem for anyone else?

Anyway, it's a great program and it's worth way more than $25. Keep up the good work.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:02 PM

I can't get it to work at Absolute at all. Is there something special I need to do at that site?
Old 10-14-2005, 07:10 PM

Never mind. I wasn't activating the "instant replay" folder for Absolute. Please disregard my idiocy. TIA.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:10 PM

I think this software is worth far more than $25. I also think would've been in all of our best interest if you charged more (so you have more PAhud income and spend more time on support and updates).

I know you feel compelled to only charge $25 since you said you would at the beginning, but at that point you did not forsee the amount of features and time you would add.

Anyway, you've already announced the price - but I think you should consider charging more for higher limit compatibility. For instance, the $25 version would only work up to $3/$6 and then jump to $50 for higher limits. I know I certainly don't mind paying less than 2BB at $15/$30.

I know I may get flamed for this, but I also know the value of an excellent software developer and I fear you are selling yourself short. Myself, I will be buying at least two copies (and donated in the past).

Anyway - great work, and thanks again.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:15 PM

How did you get absolute to work? I added

'crogramfiles\absolurepoker'

in: options-----> preferences, but pokeracehud doesnt seem to be picking it up......
Old 10-14-2005, 08:37 PM

you have to add the instant replay directory under your absolute file, I believe that is the problem.

P.S. GREAT JOB ON POKERACE HUD!! going to be worth $25 easily, hope you make some money for your time and effort
Old 10-14-2005, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you have to add the instant replay directory under your absolute file, I believe that is the problem.

P.S. GREAT JOB ON POKERACE HUD!! going to be worth $25 easily, hope you make some money for your time and effort

[/ QUOTE ]

How do I do that?
Old 10-15-2005, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is #1 for me. It takes a long time for stats to display because my database is pretty big(>1 million hands). I am on an Athlong XP 3000+ w/ 1 GB Ram and 7200RPM HDD so my computer shouldn't be the problem.

Also, if I import w/ PT while running PAHud it increases the LAG on stat display by an order of magnitude. Is this a problem for anyone else?

Anyway, it's a great program and it's worth way more than $25. Keep up the good work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the database access is definitely the bottleneck with your configuration. PostgreSQL is fast, but when you have over 10 million records to go through, it's going to take some time. Don't worry though, the optimizations should show a significant improvement for you.