Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 10:01 PM

Default Re: is this considered cheating?

[ QUOTE ]
3 people splitting the profits = not much money

Personally I'm against this. I think it should be one player to a hand. I know there are lots of people around here who IM other players the situation in the middle of the hand and ask for advice, and to me thats just not kosher. Even when I'm helping someone learn to play the game or giving a friend advice, I wont give him my advice until after hes made his decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

so um whats your stance on sweat session coaching??
Old 09-02-2005, 10:03 PM

I don't think so. But of course that's just my personel oppinion
Old 09-02-2005, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Personally I'm against this. I think it should be one player to a hand. I know there are lots of people around here who IM other players the situation in the middle of the hand and ask for advice, and to me thats just not kosher. Even when I'm helping someone learn to play the game or giving a friend advice, I wont give him my advice until after hes made his decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont give advice until after the player has made their decision. I also dont really do sweat session coaching.

To all the people who say its no big deal. Would you think it was ok if some big name pro like Ivey or Helmuth bought some entries for other people to play in a tourny, and if they themsleves busted out, they just went and stood behind their "friend" and told them every move to make?
Old 09-02-2005, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont give advice until after the player has made their decision. I also dont really do sweat session coaching.

To all the people who say its no big deal. Would you think it was ok if some big name pro like Ivey or Helmuth bought some entries for other people to play in a tourny, and if they themsleves busted out, they just went and stood behind their "friend" and told them every move to make?

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as they didn't give advice until they were busted, who the hell cares?
-James
Old 09-03-2005, 12:06 AM

I think the one-player-to-a-hand rule is a good one, although I've not always adhered to it. But this is just one of the concessions you have to make when playing online. There's absolutely no way to enforce it, so it has to be allowed.

I do think you're foolish to be doing it, though. You have to be costing yourselves.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:50 AM

So what happens when friend A, is saying 'raise' and friend B is telling you to 'fold'?
Old 09-03-2005, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So what happens when friend A, is saying 'raise' and friend B is telling you to 'fold'?

[/ QUOTE ]

Player C "checks"? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2005, 01:05 AM

You have no advantage over other players, you are not utilizing anything that will enhance your play - therefore by definition, this is not cheating. Cheating is something that gives you an unfair advantage.

One might think, hey 3 heads is better than one...but in poker this is not the case. if you ask Party about this, they might not be thrilled about you doing it, but will you ever get caught, nah.
Old 09-03-2005, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as they didn't give advice until they were busted, who the hell cares?
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

you seriously think that would float with everyone? You knock out helmuth, but then hes basically still in the tourny playing? I somehow really cant see this being ok with the majority of people
Old 09-03-2005, 03:59 AM

so if one friend says fold and another says call, and you decide to call and you lose, does the friend who said fold demand a higher cut? (since of course said profit would be higher if you hadn't been a dumbass and called the huge bet)