Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 08:18 PM

Default $27 turbo on stars top set on a scary board.

This hand took place at level 1 so blinds are 10-20. Only the second hand of the sng so I have no real info on any of the players in the hand. UTG+3 calls for 20 chips he has 1500 chips before the call. Folds around to me holding QcQs I raise to 100. It folds around to the BB who calls UTG +3 also calls. The pot is 310 right now. Flop comes 6h8hTd. Checks around to me and I bet out 280. BB folds and the other player calls. Next card comes Qd giveing me top set. The other player checks and I bet 400 into the 900 pot. The other player calls. The river comes 9d making a possible flush and a possible straight. The other player pushes all-in. What is my play here? How often does he have a underset, 2pair or a overplayed AA or KK and how often does he have a straight or flush and is he ever bluffing a missed flush draw here? Also did I make any mistakes on this hand? Thanks for any help.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:24 PM

Default Re: $27 turbo on stars top set on a scary board.

Hang on. Pot is 310 on the flop, you bet 280 and player calls on flop, that gives us 560 + 310 = 860 on the turn does it not? I would push that turn 100% of the time, if so.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:25 PM

you are right i added this up wrong let me go look up the numbers see what i messed up.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:31 PM

This hand was bothering me all day and I couldnt figure out where I messed up but wow was that obvious that I should have pushed the turn. I must have been asleep.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:32 PM

No problem, it happens to us all.. lol. Anyway, I'd call the river here, there's just too much invested and too much chance he's on a bluff, but I'd never get there. I'd say he has JJ - what do I win? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2005, 08:34 PM

I call, we are getting 2.5 to 1. I can't give him credit for the backdoor flush. I think if he flopped or turned the straight, he would have checkraised the turn instead of pushing the river.