Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2005, 04:16 AM

Default Re: Allen Cunningham is a machine

[ QUOTE ]
Are you either British or Aussie? I'm just asking because the first time I heard the term "machine" was when I was at the Aussie Millions. I think that is a great term for players who seem to always win whatever the game or limit is. Some might take the term as an insult, in that at present people still play poker better than computers. Some might take it to mean that a player was predictable or unimaginative; however, the Aussie players used it to denote a player that simply takes everyone's money over and over. It was a term of respect given to players who never go on tilt and play almost perfect poker at all times, consistently like a machine. I aspire to be a "machine"; though I'm not there yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

up here in canadia the term "machine" refers to a maniac.
Old 07-02-2005, 06:55 AM

Juanda & Negreanu have been saying for a long time if he focused on poker he could be the best out there.

I got to meet him & Melissa on a cruise & they couldn't have been nicer to talk to.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Juanda & Negreanu have been saying for a long time if he focused on poker he could be the best out there.

I got to meet him & Melissa on a cruise & they couldn't have been nicer to talk to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? My encounter w/ Melissa Hayden led me to believe that she is a bitch, and my friend was at a final table w/ her and said the same thing.

As I was waiting in line to register at the Bahamas she wouldn't stop badgering Fossilman about the robbery and he was clearly annoyed w/ her. I would have been too.

Are Allen C. and Melissa H. married or together or something?
Old 07-02-2005, 12:18 PM

Also,

[ QUOTE ]
1. Allen Cunningham - $66,000
with 18 players left in the OM H/L tournament. When does this guy not make a final table?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tournament / Event
2005 36th Annual World Series of Poker
No-Limit Hold'em Short Handed (6/Table) Final Day 6/30/05
Place: 29 $8,490 Field: 301

Pot-Limit Omaha Final Day 6/28/05
Place: 4 $141,245 Field: 134

Pot-Limit Hold'em Final Day 6/22/05
Place: 4 $89,685 Field: 239

No-Limit Hold'em Final Day 6/05/05
Place: 1 $725,405 Field: 2305

Very, very impressive.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:55 PM

Down here in the states it means someone who's inhumanly consistent.
Old 07-02-2005, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? My encounter w/ Melissa Hayden led me to believe that she is a bitch, and my friend was at a final table w/ her and said the same thing.

As I was waiting in line to register at the Bahamas she wouldn't stop badgering Fossilman about the robbery and he was clearly annoyed w/ her. I would have been too.

Are Allen C. and Melissa H. married or together or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, well all I have to go on is that she seemed nice when I talked to her. I took a photo with them and found out later that the picture turned out bad, and was talking to her and asked if maybe I could get another picture. She went and found Alan and he came over and the three of us took another photo.

I don't know if they are married or not now but they were definitely a couple then (early 2004).
Old 07-13-2005, 11:18 PM

Any picture with her is gonna turn out bad.

She's 100% pure bitch. First live tourney I ever played, she spent the whole time bitching at me for taking too long (She wanted me to call time preflop if I was going to take more than 5 seconds to act), hiding chips (She wanted me to line em all up so she could see how much I had at all times), and found ways to pick at the rest of the table too. I could never see her sorry *** again and live a happy life.

Nick