Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2004, 12:41 AM

Default Two $15-30 hands that bugged me

Both hands were Bellagio $15-30.
Hand 1: I'm on the button.
UTG calls, UTG+1 (very loose but very predictable postflop) calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO (decent player) raises, I look at 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and call, SB folds, all else call.
Flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Checked to CO who bets, I raise, UTG+1 cold-calls, CO calls (everyone else folded).
Turn 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
I bet, UTG+1 check-raises, CO folds, I call.
River 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG+1 bets, I fold.
Anyone check the turn?

Hand 2: I'm in the CO.
MP1 (weak-tight when acting before the raiser but loose-aggressive after) limps in MP1, I raise with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB, BB, and MP1 call.
Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 bets, I call, SB and BB fold.
Turn 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
MP1 bets, I raise, MP1 thinks for a while, shows Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and folds.
Should I have waited to the river to raise?
Old 08-27-2004, 01:37 AM

Default Re: Two $15-30 hands that bugged me

Hand #1: bet the turn, call the river.

Hand #2: raise the turn, make him pay with two pair or a set. You are more likely to get action on this street. How he folded the made 2nd nut flush for one bet is unfathomable.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:58 AM

Can I ask why you raised preflop in hand two? Is the suited sawmill now a playable hand? 6-7 handed I could see it, maybe... but was this a 10 handed table? Your read was important obviously... but still.

As far as the first hand, I think I would have payed the river just to see what card alongside his T he's holding (and of course once in a while you'll win). Hand two I don't see how you could have played it better, and he's a better man than I for folding.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How he folded the made 2nd nut flush for one bet is unfathomable.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah that laydown would be made 1 out of 5000 times probably. That guy is sick tight, you played it fine.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can I ask why you raised preflop in hand two? Is the suited sawmill now a playable hand? 6-7 handed I could see it, maybe... but was this a 10 handed table? Your read was important obviously... but still.

[/ QUOTE ]

One limper, everyone else folds and the hero is in the cutoff. Why wouldn't he raise this? K9s is too good to just throw away with only one limper and a chance to buy the button and knock out one or both blinds, at least if you play as well or better post-flop than the other players.

SpaceAce
Old 08-27-2004, 11:31 AM

Hand2: That is about the sickest laydown ever.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:12 PM

Default RESULTS

Yeah, I couldn't believe the lady laid down the 2nd nut flush, especially after seeing her make two calldowns with marginal hands against a rock who had her crushed both times.
The first hand is a situation where I almost always call but feel that I almost always lose. Although the pot was big, the guy in question was so predictable that I thought there was no way he could've had anything but a straight. He was nice enough to show me the straight, and I was able to sleep that night.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:35 PM

First hand: I'd have 3-bet pre-flop. I stand to lose a blind or two and a limper or two or three. And they'll probably check to me on the flop. That's a lot of stuff for the cost of one small bet. On the turn, I'd check because who's gonna call with a worse hand given that board? Plus I'm not scared of a free card. Plus it may induce a bluff on the river.

Second hand I raise the turn too. Since he limped in from early position, I've got to figure him for a high heart and also figure he's going to call me down. Shows what I know.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:48 PM

I am a newbie, but my 2 cents:

Hand 1:

raise flop as u did, check turn (better hand will check raise, worse hand would probably fold). call river unless extremely good read tells u to fold.

Hand 2:

Raise with K9? Anyway, since you did, i think either raise on flop or call on turn is better than raise on turn. the MP1 makes a extremely good laydown, but if mp1 didnt have exactly qth or qjh, what does mp1 bet with, then call a raise (since mp1 didnt raise preflop?
Old 08-27-2004, 07:18 PM

You messed up but you figured out what you did. Hand one, yes check the turn. Hand two, yes raise the river.