Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2005, 10:16 AM

Default wouldn\'t it be nice...

to have a read? oh well.

comments about my line please, this is oh so simple but i feel oh so uneasy about it.

We're playing some 6 max 5/10 on party and I have some Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button (or as they say in espana - the deee-ler) and i make it 40 to go. Two guys call me... villain in this hand has about 600 total.

Flop (125) J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

checked to me, I bet 60, MP c/r to 120, i make it 180 he makes it 250 i fold.

I feel sort of like a donk for doing such donkish things... did i ask to be taken off this hand by way of the half pot bet initially? does everyone else in the world push? don't you wish you had a read (if you is me)?
Old 09-11-2005, 12:03 PM

Default Re: wouldn\'t it be nice...

why didn't you call the raise? especially w/o any read. I'd 3 bet this against donks I have read on that will give me their stack with Jx and what not, but w/o read I'm playing this out in position.

I don't mind the initial 1/2 psb on paired board if you do this with other hands you raised preflop too (cheap c-bets).
Old 09-11-2005, 12:06 PM

normally i just call but i had a funny feeling and i wanted to know if he had a 6... when he 4bets me min, don't you think that's saying something? plus if i re-minraise it allows me to retake the lead in the hand, in which case if he decides to take the lead i can give him credit for a 6.

the question is - do you guys think his stack is too short to be worrying about all this and should i jsut shove? (60bb)
Old 09-11-2005, 12:18 PM

boooooooooooooooooooooo, I just call the check-raise.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:25 PM

Call the flop raise, push the turn after he bets out (unless turn is J!). That way you get max $$ from Jx and bluff.

Unless you have a note that says superweakpassive, in which case your line is OK.