Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 09:51 PM

Default no content

WHO WOOOOOO

50th post and I'm a Journey man!!!

(When you're a net loser, it's the small things that excite you) [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2005, 09:52 PM

Default Re: Will I get better at multitabling?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you firstly need to be able to play one table almost on autopilot before you can multi. If you have trouble reading the board, I think the answer is to just single table until you are a lot more confident. Then, the extra tables will come naturally.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the key. I think about poker hands in my sleep and autopilot 4 tables at this point. You need to get your game down before looking to add tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like wise advice. Unfortunately, as I previously stated, I find playing one table to be intolerably boring. Probably it's different in a live game, as I find watching poker on television even to be interesting, but I am totally uninterested in watching the other players play during the 80% of hands I won't be in.

It's actually a problem for me in getting reads on opponents as well, since I find it extremely difficult to focus on any hand I'm not in, and I'm barely paying attention to them. Thank god I have pokertracker...
Old 08-15-2005, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This sounds like wise advice. Unfortunately, as I previously stated, I find playing one table to be intolerably boring. Probably it's different in a live game, as I find watching poker on television even to be interesting, but I am totally uninterested in watching the other players play during the 80% of hands I won't be in.

It's actually a problem for me in getting reads on opponents as well, since I find it extremely difficult to focus on any hand I'm not in, and I'm barely paying attention to them. Thank god I have pokertracker...

[/ QUOTE ]
Most of my sexual fantasies involve suited connectors and medium pocket pairs at this point. You need to love the game and care as much about a hand you aren't in as a hand you are in. If you click fold on a T3o and go back to watching Gremlins 2 and don't notice that the guy two seats left of you just 3-bet the flop with bottom pair, you're missing out on reads. I think you'll learn as you go along that most people who make a signifigant amount in this game are the people who live and breathe it. If you want to have any long term financial stake in the game you need to work on that attention span.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Most of my sexual fantasies involve suited connectors and medium pocket pairs at this point. You need to love the game and care as much about a hand you aren't in as a hand you are in. If you click fold on a T3o and go back to watching Gremlins 2 and don't notice that the guy two seats left of you just 3-bet the flop with bottom pair, you're missing out on reads. I think you'll learn as you go along that most people who make a signifigant amount in this game are the people who live and breathe it. If you want to have any long term financial stake in the game you need to work on that attention span.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Yes, I see your point. But... would you really find it interesting to watch the partypoker beginners' rooms .50/1.00 tables? These people are simply not doing much of interest.

Perhaps my problem in this is that my edge is too large at the rooms I'm in for me to need to focus on the play of the others. I am making 10BB/100 hands, which is not surprising given that there is no rake in the PP beginners rooms, and I practice table selection and try to play at those with 45-55% VP$IP, and use pokertracker and gametime+. How much of an extra edge would I really get by watching these players, considering that they're popping in out of the table every 5 minutes anyway and the whole table will turn over by the time I've been there an hour?

Heh, perhaps this thread should have been posted to the psychology forum instead.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:35 PM

Default Re: no content

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a Journey man!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell Steve Perry I said, "Hi."
Old 08-15-2005, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a Journey man!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell Steve Perry I said, "Hi."

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh Sherrie, you can have it anyway you want it when we go our seperate ways. Be good to yourself and send her my love with open arms, but do you think I'll be alright without you, Bozlax? Don't stop believin.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:04 PM

nh
Old 08-16-2005, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps my problem in this is that my edge is too large at the rooms I'm in for me to need to focus on the play of the others. I am making 10BB/100 hands...

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red">DANGER WIL ROBINSON</font>

If you don't have 20K hands under your belt, the chances this being withing 10bb/100 of your true winrate are about nil.

I don't mean to be overly harsh but you must proceed with caution here. It's soo easy to go on a rush and get cocky. You can't even to two tables at a time. You aren't that good. You probably have potential, but if you lack humility, your first downswing will kick you in the guts man.

I think playing 4 games of play money at a time would be a good way for you to get comfy playing 2 real tables. After playing 4 tables for a while, i can tell you 2 tables is practically a yawnfest.

-D
Old 08-16-2005, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Most of my sexual fantasies involve suited connectors and medium pocket pairs at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as I'm not the only one.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps my problem in this is that my edge is too large at the rooms I'm in for me to need to focus on the play of the others. I am making 10BB/100 hands...

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red">DANGER WIL ROBINSON</font>

If you don't have 20K hands under your belt, the chances this being withing 10bb/100 of your true winrate are about nil.

I don't mean to be overly harsh but you must proceed with caution here. It's soo easy to go on a rush and get cocky. You can't even to two tables at a time. You aren't that good. You probably have potential, but if you lack humility, your first downswing will kick you in the guts man.

I think playing 4 games of play money at a time would be a good way for you to get comfy playing 2 real tables. After playing 4 tables for a while, i can tell you 2 tables is practically a yawnfest.

-D

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the advice. I think trying the 4 play tables at a time could be a good idea.

As for the 10bb/100 being accurate, yeah, I have too few hands to know if this will hold up in the long run. Keep in mind, though, this is at unraked beginners' tables, I'm assuming that 5BB of the 10 is coming from the tables not being raked.

Do you think that 5BB/100 is an unsustainable winrate at partypoker .50/1.00 tables, for a player who is armed with SSHE, the 2+2 forums, who plays tight preflop, plays aggressively postflop, calculates pot odds, selects tables with a vp$ip of 50%, etc? I understand that at higher stakes tables, the bb/100 winrate would be much lower, but I am playing the worst possible players here.