Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2005, 09:55 AM

Default nfl week 5 picks

It's square day!

NFL YTD: 13-10-1

Eagles -3 - Reasons the Eagles can lose/not cover in this game: Special teams is still below average. The defensive line injuries have forced two practice squad guys to be activated for the game. If McNabb suffers an injury or further aggravates his current ones that force him to leave the game. Turnovers.

Now that we have that out of the way.

The game's just a mismatch, plain and simple. Same theme as last season, too many offensive weapons. Dallas does have a good defense, and a good coach that has been around the block, so I'd expect to see some real different looks from the Eagles today. There is also nothing, NOTHING on the offensive side of the ball from Dallas that should worry one of the best defensive units in the NFL. Keyshawn and Terry Glenn are not a threat to the Eagles secondary. Julius Jones has not been effective up to this point for Dallas, and as long as Trotter's in the game at linebacker, I'm not concerned about the Eagles' run defense.

I may be a homer and for this game a BSP, so fade at will, but this is mismatch city.

Bills -2.5 - Kelly Holcombe > J.P. Losman - once the Bills actually complete a pass, that will allow McGahee to get going. That can't be a good thing - Miami is coming off a bye-week, on the road against a tough defense and division opponent... I think they go down early and stay down. Also leaning towards the over in this game as well.

Others:

Tampa/NYJ over 31.5
Bengals/Jags over 37