Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 07:39 PM

Default What to do with $10

Hello everyone. Longtime reader, and first-time poster. I took the fifty4free.com free $50 for Party Poker a week ago. I finally received the $50, and unfortunately, squandered away $40 by not following the advice of sticking to the micro-limits. I have $10 and would like to know what I should do, whether I should stay at the micro tables or try my lack of luck in a tournament or 2. I know I may get berated for my disastrous decisions with my free money, but hopefully the help I may receive can help me get back that money with interest. Thank you for all the help.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:48 PM

Default Re: What to do with $10

One. Bet. BlackJack.

Good Luck

-ZEN
Old 12-01-2005, 07:50 PM

Oh, I forgot to mention that I can get $25 if I complete 125 raked hands. I'm at about 50 right now
Old 12-01-2005, 08:35 PM

Well..$10 is going to be tough to build up no matter what limit you want to play. I recently recieved $10 into my Empire poker account since its been inactive for awhile and I am playing $25NL full ring hoping to get lucky and double it up a few times. I think thats your best shot at getting it back. And if you do manage to get it back remember to stay within your limits until you have a big enough BR to move up (usually this means 20-buy ins for NL or 300 big bets for limit).
Old 12-02-2005, 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, I forgot to mention that I can get $25 if I complete 125 raked hands. I'm at about 50 right now

[/ QUOTE ]
That's your main source of equity. Buy in for the minimum at a NL table. (If you are still in the first 45 days, buy in for $1 at a NL $5 table under the Beginners tab. Otherwise, buy in for $5 at a NL $25 table.) Play tightly. Most hands will be raked, and it won't take long to get the $25.

When you clear the bonus, you might want to cash out and play at a site with penny-ante tables. Learn to be a winning player there.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:12 AM

Default One word

Beer
Old 12-05-2005, 10:52 AM

Default Re: One word

[ QUOTE ]
Beer

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to suggest buying a poker book so you don't suck so bad, but I think beer is the more +ev answer..