Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 01:31 PM

Default Re: 215 blind battle.. what do YOU do?

I shove this. No question about it. I think you see smaller PP here enough to shove. I have got to believe top pair GK is good here. Sorry he flushed your ass on the river. NH
Old 11-29-2005, 02:56 PM

He folded. Pushing is terrible.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:06 PM

I'm a regular 215 player. so here's my input. I think you played it perfectly. Preflop, he says that line about not to be scared of his pocket pair. This sounds like something I'd type when I have a monster, cuz I'm using reverse reverse psychology, meaning that I want him to think that I have a medium pocket pair but am "intimidating him" into thinking I might have a big pair.

I'll make a similar move when someone raises me and I have kings or aces, I'll take a long time to "think" about it, and then I'll type in "i have a pair" while I'm deliberating, making it look like I have a small pair. And then I'll push.

Ok, so there's sign number 1 that he has a big pocket. Sign #2: He minraises. This would be a crappy move by him if he actually did have a pocket pair, UNLESS it's kings or aces. Even queens are too vulnerable to do this with.

So on the flop, we gotta find out right away if we're ahead.
Now, the preflop bettor bet the pot, as would be expected, it's a standard bet but on the high end. Which makes me think that he does have an overpair but maybe it is vulnerable, like QQ, and he doesn't want you checking behind, especially because you could have any 2, and he doesn't want to give you a chance to make some funky 2 pair or straight.

If you only minraise, he could call behind with a lot of hands you beat, such as AK, or with a monster like aces, so you still won't know where you stand. Your bet makes it look like you are committing yourself, and it doesn't look like a set because you'd probably just call or minraise with a set.
And his reraise majorly looks like a monster, because even though it's looking like you're committing yourself, he still doesn't want to lose you by pushing allin, although he's obviously committing both of you with that reraise.

To me, it majorly smells like queens or kings. You played it right Raptor. See you on the tables.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:07 PM

He was talking to pocket, the player..
Old 11-29-2005, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i dont feel a flop raise is wrong at all. i found out exactly what i needed to... holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure you had to spend 525 to find out? There was really no better option?

Ok, you have justified quitting school to all the yahoos on this forum. Going back appears to have hurt your intelligence.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

thats ok ill prolly quit again so i can start being smart once more. i think yer wrong btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good for you raptor (not the quitting part). What ever happened to education for its own sake? Who friggin cares if school ever makes you a dime? Knowing things is good.

***end hijack***

You probably could've accomplished the same thing by raising a little less, but otherwise, raise/fold looks about right.

Edit: I guess anything less is a min-raise. whatever.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:27 PM

semi-hijack:

not that i don't doubt that the average person at your campus sucks, or whatever, but college is valuable in a variety of ways beyond "because it'll make you money."

amongst them is "because you meet interesting people who you'll know forever."

think about how stupid sponger looks or looked or whatever when he dropped out and then was still living in the area where all the students lived and hanging out with them.

pretty stupid.

c, who thinks that raptor should seriously consider taking a year or semester off and travelling. maybe playing some cards to pay some bills, but not crazy hours.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
who thinks that raptor should seriously consider taking a year or semester off and travelling. maybe playing some cards to pay some bills, but not crazy hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

one of my good friends is buying a million dollar house in vegas. hes moving in march. he wants me to go with him. i may just do that, and spend the summer there, and possibly not return. holla
Old 11-29-2005, 03:34 PM

i think he should quit till he actually is interested enough to go to class. right now he's just taking up space and resources. waste of everyones time.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:35 PM

there's a big difference about what you learn about life travelling anywhere and what you learn about life living in vegas and playing poker.

who's the friend? pm if necessary.

c
Old 11-29-2005, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I shove this. No question about it. I think you see smaller PP here enough to shove. I have got to believe top pair GK is good here. Sorry he flushed your ass on the river. NH

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, yer kidding right. this is probably the worst advice i have ever heard, and i have never been guilty of a bad beat post. i folded on the flop after raising to 525. i found out exactly what i needed. that i was beat. badly. this is a 215 not an 11. holla